Illegal Immigrant Jailed

Albert Tatlock

Tried to attach a copy of the work permit form ... without success but if you go to IOM DTI Gov website "Work Permit Application it states .... (If born outside the United Kingdom or the EC please supply a copy of your passport)

True, but they do at least make the basic check of ensuring that it's a certified true copy of the original.

The people at the work permit place are really nice. If they aren't checking every single detail I imagine it is because they would like to trust people to be telling the truth. Sending this man to prison is pathetic but I find a lot of crime and punishment pathetic.

Who said you cannot travel & work freely? why did they say it? &, who is it benefitting?

There's an American woman down our street who told me she doesn't have a proper visa. If you are white it must be ok?

There's an American woman down our street who told me she doesn't have a proper visa. If you are white it must be ok?

Your only sayin dat cos I is black

I heard he was picked up, as have been a couple of others, by the DHSS when his passport was checked properly applying for an NI number, which you can't get without a work permit apparently. At least someone was on the ball. How many others that don't bother going through the process of even getting an NI number is another question.

When you consider the recent case of the gym coach who indecently assaulted young girls, with him getting a suspended sentence against this one it sends out a bizarre message.

At first, I thought, what has this got to do with illegal immigrants and then realised that you were comparing sentences.

I agree that the trusted coach was let off leniently, albeit his actions were not as sordid as they thankfully, could have been.

The illegal immigrant would have IMO, been best put on a plane, boat, whatever and basically thrown off the island. By all accounts, add an inclusion into his departure by saying something like, if he returns to the island, then he goes to jail. I would imagine only the thick skinned would attempt to come back and risk the wrath of the courts.

The immigrant would be gone, the tax payer saves some money, the jail is less full, he breathes a sigh of relief and I think everyone comes out of this ok.

Jailed for 9 months for just being here basically. Fucking crazy.

Especially when you compare it with the likes of the abuser you talk about above. Fucking crazy.

And they expect us to have respect for the law!!!

Jailed for 9 months for just being here basically. Fucking crazy.

Er .. hang on a bit. He entered the UK on a false French passport (fake French passports were favoured by several of the recent bombers across Europe). Then he came to the IOM when he had no right of stay in the UK where he made false declarations to obtain a work permit, and further falsified his identity (that is a criminal offence) and (presumably) also made false statements to the Police in the process.

I hope that if they find any more they give them worse sentences.

Archived