Feed The Birds

Hugs

Cats are ace and I also would be inclined to flog someone I caught being cruel to one.

I do very much dig birds also though, so whilst it might just be nature in action if a cat snaffles a songbird, it's also not nice being as they generally don't need to do it for food. So if harmless things like a bell collar help, get one lashed on your pussy! ;)

Seaguls are probably as much of a threat, if not more to young birdies anyway.

No garden here & hence no birds, but I sometimes go and take a loaf of bread to the ducks at castletown/ballasalla/eary(sp) etc as ducks are just completely ace, especially big, fat, muscovies as I used to have some as pets.

Anyway, those new high powered water rifles are great for deterring seagulls and cats.

Wasn't someone selling one of those in the adverts section. Oh sorry my mistake that was a bb gun. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd report back........

I bought a mixture of foods - nuts, sunflower seeds, mixed seeds and fat balls. It took 2 tedious days for the birds to realise that the food was there, although I kept telling them where to go!

The fat balls are way on top as favourites (10 balls this week!). The seed mixture is next and the others seem to be ignored.

The only birds that feed here are the small birds, sparrows, robin (just the one and at the same time every day), wagtails and a few I don't know yet. I do get starlings and thrushes in the garden too but they don't feed from the food I put out.

I think I've done my bit for our little feathered friends this cold spell :)

BTW, the pet shops are far cheaper than B&Q.

Archived