Castletown Links Hotel

fatshaft

Has it closed for good?

Logged onto their website today to see what has been happening to the course improvements they were starting in 2007, only to see that the hotel is apparenly closed.

Is this to finally build the flats that Fergie-Lacey wanted? Is the hotel being re-built/renovated? Or is it just shut as it was a non-profitable dump?

From what I heard the Castlemona is getting built into one hotel with the Stakis.

I assume that it needs to be de-listed first before they can do that. Maybe they've already requested help from the corpy John, you being a councillor and knowing their plans and all?

I played golf at Castletown Golf Links in September 2008 and the hotel was all closed up then.

I've heard from some friends who were members at the golf club that the hotel was being used as a clubhouse, but after a falling out of some sort, this seems to have ended. They've now left the club as there's no clubhouse to use, bar, toilets or shower facilities etc. When the weathers bleak, it nice to have somewhere to warm up again!

Wouldn't be surprised if its left to rot and then is demolished - shame as its one of the few landmark buildings left and the course itself rates as one of the best on the Island.

Flats Ahoy!

It's a shame indeed. Been to many good dos there over the years and used to go to the nightclub as a youngster (although it was a bit pants tbh).

I think it's a nice building and has character inside, but those things don't seem to count for anything these days unfortunately.

ferguson lacey plays the long game .. i believe that he never intended whatsoever in keeping the businesses as going concerns.

let em rot and rebiuld is his form.

example the old post office biulding just of bucks rd.

same with eurodisney. buy it .. break it .. redevelope it .. sell it.

if the planners dont go his way . then let it rot until they are glad to get an eyesore redeveloped..

he has done rather well out of it..

I played golf at Castletown Golf Links in September 2008 and the hotel was all closed up then.

I've heard from some friends who were members at the golf club that the hotel was being used as a clubhouse, but after a falling out of some sort, this seems to have ended. They've now left the club as there's no clubhouse to use, bar, toilets or shower facilities etc. When the weathers bleak, it nice to have somewhere to warm up again!

Is the club still functioning? Where do they meet, or is it all run out of the pro's shop now?

ferguson lacey plays the long game .. i believe that he never intended whatsoever in keeping the businesses as going concerns.

let em rot and rebiuld is his form.

example the old post office biulding just of bucks rd.

same with eurodisney. buy it .. break it .. redevelope it .. sell it.

if the planners dont go his way . then let it rot until they are glad to get an eyesore redeveloped..

he has done rather well out of it..

Aye, funny he took so long about it though? He certainly seemed to want to make a go of it in the ealry days, trying to poach David Woodiwiss from Stakis to run the place. Maybe just realised it couldn;t be a going concern down there in this day and age?

Archived