Anyone Else Had This Problem?

the_kitty

Have had quite a few people coming round to my house saying that i have put an add in the paper saying there is a room for rent in my home, i have not put any adds in the paper :huh:

Just think that this is a bit strange, its happened about 4 times now

Ditto to geting a copy of the add.

Then ring the paper and ask if they asked for any proof of address before they took the add.

Meanwhile, just put a sign in the front window saying 'no vacancies' or a note on the door saying 'f- off' or maybe that the paper add is wrong and please do not ring the bell - as a smack in the kisser often offends.

I've had something similar when some shifty bastards had walked through the front door of my home, probably wanting to steal something (the door bell didn't work and being new to Douglas I never used to close the front door) and asked if there were any rooms to let. That seems to be excuse number 1 in the "sneaky thieving bastards book of excuses when caught re-handed". It used to be "I'm looking for my cat" or something.

The house used to be a guest house so there was a modicum of plausibility in the scenario.*

*scenario.

My word of the day for some reason.

Have had quite a few people coming round to my house saying that i have put an add in the paper saying there is a room for rent in my home, i have not put any adds in the paper :huh:

Just think that this is a bit strange, its happened about 4 times now

Sounds like a con. Take care.

I've had something similar when some shifty bastards had walked through the front door of my home, probably wanting to steal something (the door bell didn't work and being new to Douglas I never used to close the front door) and asked if there were any rooms to let. That seems to be excuse number 1 in the "sneaky thieving bastards book of excuses when caught re-handed". It used to be "I'm looking for my cat" or something.

The house used to be a guest house so there was a modicum of plausibility in the scenario.*

*scenario.

My word of the day for some reason.

Yes, they just came through the front door the first time.........its a good job i came out into the hall and caught him, learned from that to lock the front door.

I would understand if my house used to be a guest house but it never has been.

Could it be a road with as similar name or maybe been an error in the printing?

somewhere on the Island there is an error for vets telephone numbers because Ive been getting phone calls for 20 years about people wanting me to come and see their sick animals, IM 851 AND THE VETS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS 815

some bastards will leave a 15 minute message about their dogs bloody arse.

F*CK OFF

In fact a neighbour had similar thing happen when some chance thieves nipped through the front door and stole a bag containing a laptop and a fair amount of cash.

Some other neighbours saw the thieves and knew them. My neighbour went to the police and gave details including names.

The police did this . . . . . fuck all

Except to hum-hah that the culprits were care home youths and they would get nothing out of them. They didn't even fucken well try despite reports from the care home staff that one of them was all of a sudden flush with cash.

Ah well.

Archived