Warrington Train Station

the_kitty

Has anyone got a train from there? I have 2 changes on a journey this Friday and one of them is at Warrington, i was just wondering how big it is because the time of the train is only about 10 from when i get there and i dont want to get lost or miss my train

They're both fairly small. If its Central 10 mins will be plenty, if its Banks Quay just make sure you get the right platform and you'll be fine :)

Bank Quay station - a good 15min walk to Central Station (on the Manchester Liverpool line) with no direct bus service.

Bank Quay has only 2 Island platforms with an underpass (there is a lift) connecting them leading down to the cramped entrance (if anyone is meeting you there be warned there is virtually no parking) - that nearest the entrance is for trains heading south (Crewe) on the main West Coast line - the other platform (nearest the Chemical plant) is for trains heading North on the West Coast main line - however trains to/from Chester + manchester are not always consistent.

There are waiting rooms on both Islands - the main coffee resource etc was on the south bound Island

They're both fairly small. If its Central 10 mins will be plenty, if its Banks Quay just make sure you get the right platform and you'll be fine :)

Unless your planning on a quick snog at the station. Bank Quay is where they have brought in this new edict about kissing people on the platform. Weird.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/463...ay-station.html

Unless your planning on a quick snog at the station. Bank Quay is where they have brought in this new edict about kissing people on the platform. Weird.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/463...ay-station.html

post-105-1237209666_thumb.jpg

Racist No Kissing Sign, why are there only black people used for the signs and does it mean that white people can kiss?

The No Kissing applies to the extremely small drop off space + taxi rank at the front of the station - it doesn't hold more than about 5 cars - the station is on the corner of a quite busy road - if you can't get into the forecourt it's not possible to stop on the main road to wait. The station was always cramped - I can remember when it used to have a low level station + a large military area for RAF national servicemen when Padgate was their first squad-bashing camp (+ also Americans going to Burtonwood) - any few attractions it might have had then were destroyed in the 60's when the foyer was rebuilt at the lowest possible cost.

bit cold and in full view of the hotel across the road - the police station + magistrates court are within 200 yards so you had better make it a quick one!

I asked the Mrs for a quicky. She said,"As opposed to what?"

(The old ones are the best.)

Was it at Warrington Railway Station that Paul Simon wrote Homeward Bound?

I remember a pub quiz question not too long ago saying it was written at Widnes Station - and there is/used to be a plaque there saying so. I've never checked it out so I'm not sure.

Archived