Space Gig At The Venue

loaf

Did you know that Space are playing at the Venue this Friday? 9/7/04  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found out about it on Manxbands last week and there was mention of the lack of advertising so I looked out for it in the Courier and there was an advert on the bottom of one of the left hand pages about a sixth of the size of the page. I haven't seen any posters for it.

Apparently there are posters at the Venue itself (i didn't notice em) - but you can barely even notice the word SPACE...hope it goes well, but over here advertising is key really...

(only found out about it myself from ringing the venue to ask about upcoming gigs)

yep i've known about it for a few weeks now and the advertising has been terrible.. the posters for it in the venue are in the toilets. who's putting it on does anyone know. i rang up Stereoscout (Truman Falls record company) to make sure it was the actual Space and they said yes but hadn't been given any tickets to sell. All seems a bit odd, but oh well. it'll be a cracking night

Yeah i noticed from the posters in the venue (i even managed to read it correctly in my drunken haze.....didn't manage to remember where to get tickets though, will they be sold on the door?)

I would have thought given the amount of publicity that the night has recieved tickets will be on sale on the door.

Amended the poll. I learnt this week because it was on Manx Bands. Same with Sir xxxx. Now we are both quite well informed on local gigs and such like and would normally have heard this sort of thing much earlier - what chance does the gig have of catching the casual punter's support?

Saw a small ad in the paper, but nothing elsewhere, do you think that the rumourmill's corect then, and that it is getting converted to flats, i spoke to someone who really would know about a month ago and they said don't believe everything you hear. Its just the whole thing smacks of "can't be arsed" doesn't it!

whats going to happen to manx clublife then?

the venue's the only place where, realistically, something like this or big dance events could be held. the villa's no smoking policy, and the fact they don't like people dancing kinda rules them out. couldn't fit a band in breeze anywhere, not big enough either. paramount's a joke, nowhere else is there?

seems a shame that our only "big" club would be to close, what a waste of time and money that'll have been if it were.

i don't know if its their own fault for wasting money on has-beens such as space and shed 7 and the hothouse flowers, or if the islands not got enough interested people to attend. i think its probably the latter, if you were to bring over the chili peppers even, i still think you'd struggle to get 2,000 people turning up, and you'd end up paying around £40 for the privelidge.

sad isn't it

Hothouse Flowers? They headlined the acoustic stage at Glastonbury last week and put on an amazing show, I would hardly say they are has beens.

Plus it was an outside Promotions company (Triskel Promotions) who brought them over and not the Venue.

Personally I doubt they would get permission to turn an area zoned for entertainment like the Venue/Cresent must be into residential - if they do get permission there's something badly wrong.

Archived