Sick, Sick

Knoxville

I don't understand how his time on the sex offenders register has been limited 'to give him a chance for the future' when this isn't his first offence? He's proved time and time again of what he's capable of, and I doubt he's likely to change any time soon

Make him bite the kerb and someone jump on his head...............

You're silly.

Is this what you look like ( see attached link )........I imagine sometimes your posting from a jail.

Do you hold peoples pockets when walking around?

The biggest worry is that there will be a knee jerk imposition of a "Sarah's Law", mentioned in the IOM Today link. The public at large knowing if there's a registered sex offender in the area, and the associated speculation and rumour about who it might be is a terrifying prospect.

I do not defend this man but neither do I champion the Army for letting another 'trained killer' back onto the streets without proper psychiatric reports etc etc. These things happen far too often, the army train boys to kill then release them back into society, the army/government shoulders no responsibility for this kind of 'clearly mental' behaviour. I knew a lad who served in NI he was nuts, fully nuts, he had seen disgusting things whilst serving & told horrible tales, they sent him home with no counseling. I don't know many ex-army people who are not slightly nuts (at least)

Difficult to know what the best response society should take for people like this. Would therapy and psychiatry be able to do anything or is the threat of punishment the only option?

I do not defend this man but neither do I champion the Army for letting another 'trained killer' back onto the streets without proper psychiatric reports etc etc. These things happen far too often, the army train boys to kill then release them back into society, the army/government shoulders no responsibility for this kind of 'clearly mental' behaviour. I knew a lad who served in NI he was nuts, fully nuts, he had seen disgusting things whilst serving & told horrible tales, they sent him home with no counseling. I don't know many ex-army people who are not slightly nuts (at least)

Well let's face it, the MOD has an appalling record of looking after ex-service men. You only have look into the history of people with psychiatric problems and how they have been treated to see how the government how little concern for their welfare.

Whenever someone went crackers or there was a risk to the public then the person was dealt with by civvies as the army does not/did not have the proper structure to deal with extreme cases. I can think of 2 cases where soldiers were shipped off to catterick for evaluations and then discharged an handed over as patients in a civvie hospital/care unit.

I agree that there never used to be a proper support structure but what you have to think about is the amount of service men and women who dealt with trauma and did not turn out to be nutters.

Archived