Who Owns The Steam Packet

Lonan3

STORY

MIoM was in turn a subsidiary of Steam Packet Group International Holdings Ltd whose beneficial shareholders include Macquarie International Holdings (no2) Ltd, SAS Trustee Corporation, United Super PTY Ltd and POSF Ltd.

When Isle of Man Newsapers sought to clarify the current ownership of the Steam Packet last month, the company stated that Macquarie, which has bought the Steam Packet in October 2005 had in December 2006 sold 90 per cent of its shares in the to three Australian pension funds – Cbus, NSW State Super and Nambawan Super.

Macquarie retained a 10 per cent share and manages the investment in the company on behalf of all shareholders.

:blink: Can someone explain that, please?

STORY

MIoM was in turn a subsidiary of Steam Packet Group International Holdings Ltd whose beneficial shareholders include Macquarie International Holdings (no2) Ltd, SAS Trustee Corporation, United Super PTY Ltd and POSF Ltd.

When Isle of Man Newsapers sought to clarify the current ownership of the Steam Packet last month, the company stated that Macquarie, which has bought the Steam Packet in October 2005 had in December 2006 sold 90 per cent of its shares in the to three Australian pension funds – Cbus, NSW State Super and Nambawan Super.

Macquarie retained a 10 per cent share and manages the investment in the company on behalf of all shareholders.

What don't you understand?

STORY

It means you should immediately move your pension to Australia, where you'll now be able to retire rich - aged 18.

Actually I would like to know who all owned Manx Airlines.

Whoever they were, the fuckers got a fortune selling the slots at Heathrow.

There is a very good argument that the slots actually belong to The Isle of Man rather than the company who used them.

No doubt some smart arse will come on here and call me a cunt, but I'll accept that once I'm told who the fat cats were who sold us out.

The airline system has been a bag of shit since Manx Airlines took the money and ran. Fucked off with a right haul.

Sorry to go off topic, but I think anyone will find quite a few parallels here. The nucleii of which are a shower of greedy twats.

Actually I would like to know who all owned Manx Airlines.

Whoever they were, the fuckers got a fortune selling the slots at Heathrow.

There is a very good argument that the slots actually belong to The Isle of Man rather than the company who used them.

No doubt some smart arse will come on here and call me a cunt, but I'll accept that once I'm told who the fat cats were who sold us out.

The airline system has been a bag of shit since Manx Airlines took the money and ran. Fucked off with a right haul.

Sorry to go off topic, but I think anyone will find quite a few parallels here. The nucleii of which are a shower of greedy twats.

Manx Airlines were owned by Airlines of Britain Holdings (SAS and operated primarily through British Midland Airways). Indeed, Manx was (re)born out of the BM management.

It all went along nicely (Manx if I remember rightly, got additional LHR slots when BM gave up the Belfast / LHR route) until that such time Michael Bishop, Chairman of Airlines of Britain Group (that also encompassed Loganair) decided (or was told) to float the Manx / British Regional Airlines part of the group. British Regional was formed from Manx Airlines Europe (a part of Manx Airlines which was all to do with being able to trade out of the UK as a Manx company).

Manx / BRAL was subsequently sold into the private sector (and no doubt, many people in the Airlines of Britain Group made a killing). I think the Manx / BRAL staff got about £1000 each in shares, if I remember correctly.

Unfortunately the Manx / BRAL share price collapsed and BA moved in with a price of about £60,000,000 and bought the company. That was believed to be the commercial value of the LHR slots and thus they acquired the company for free! It was widely believed at the time that had BA not bought Manx, the company would have collapsed anyway, partly as a result of BA's reluctance to renew the BA franchise that Manx operated successfully for several years.

BA then commenced their hatchet job over a number of years… the LHR slots went and BA systematically raped the former Manx Airlines (BA CitiExpress / BA Connect) until such time that Little Willie decided to pull the plug on BA Regional operations. Flybe stepped in after BA made them a generous offer that they apparently couldn’t refuse.

So most likely, the money was made by floating the Manx / BRAL group but the unintended consequence was that the company effectively collapsed and BA stepped in. The rest is history, or at least that is my recollection of events.

Not sure what the argument is about the Manx Government owning the LHR slots - I seem to remember Manx Airlines going to the Manx Government to ask for 'assistance' in protecting what was after all, the 'cash cow' and the Government of the time in their finite wisdom declined to help insisting that there was an open skies policy in the Isle of Man.

STORY

I've said in numerous SP threads that Macquarie do not own the Steam Packet, and that ownership was shared with pension funds.

Macquarie also own Airwave, the UK (and IoM) TETRA-based communications system.

Airwave is the UK TETRA system. Soon to fail. Airwave is closing its UK sites and network back up, cutting jobs. There are doubts about Airwaves ability to handle high call rates and data. It looks like most of the UK will be going back to analogue UHF and VHF systems in readiness for the whole thing to fall over.

Motorola own the Island TETRA system. Which is a different thing.

TETRA is just the name given to the Truncked radio data system used.

I remember someone saying in numerous SP threads that Macquarie do not own the Steam Packet, and that ownership was shared with pension funds. Can't remember who it was though that said it.

Maquarie also own the M6 toll road <_<

and they always tell lies to get you to use it !

Edited by DRIVER

I remember someone saying in numerous SP threads that Macquarie do not own the Steam Packet, and that ownership was shared with pension funds. Can't remember who it was though that said it.

Didn't know they owned that. But I've well noticed that too - the lying 'congestion' signs ;)

They also own ,Bristol airport , Wightlink ferries and possibly Condor ferries . Another point regarding the ferry companies is that both Wightlink and Condor have been in the news as regards unfair/high pricing etc. It seems that wherever Macquarie and their little group of investors go they just fleece everyone in sight . Robbing bastards .

Didn't know they owned that. But I've well noticed that too - the lying 'congestion' signs ;)

but how do they manage to put all the stationary or slow moving vehicles in front of the highways agency cameras :lol: good trick that !

but how do they manage to put all the stationary or slow moving vehicles in front of the highways agency cameras :lol: good trick that !

Try doing the trip a few hundred times and you'll soon see that all is not always how it appears down that way.