Barbecue Areas?

Rhumsaa

6 hours ago, 2bees said:

What do you all have at barbies?

I try to get away from the usual burgers and bangers, although I do have them occasionally  

I've tried stir fry, gammon and eggs, flat bread, but my favourite is some meat joint cooked "low and slow", maybe with some wood chips for smoke, and a few baked potatoes. After a couple of hours they're gorgeous.

Don't cook chicken because we have four and their house is only about 8 feet away. Wouldn't feel right.

29 minutes ago, finlo said:

You could try the Grill pit in Glen Maye it you want someone else to do it for you.

Seconded, although it's closed now, no regular hours, but you can book it for special events and parties and they are advertising a spit roast lamb at 15.00 on 16 July. Essential to pre book.

Not sure it's exactly what you want but there are picnic tables with specific places for a disposable BBQ and special bin to put them

in after you are finished at:

Douglas ahead

Nobles Park (original Tot lot from 39 years ago)

Laxey prom.

i have seen others but can't remember where they were

Was down on Laxey Prom yesterday , BBQ and picnic area fairly packed , only downside IMO was the chap with a large 4by4 who insisted on sharing his musical tastes by sticking a speaker on the bonnet of his car on what appeared to be full volume.

Just saying :flowers:

Archived