Barbecue Areas?

Rhumsaa

I've mentioned elsewhere that my family is having a bit of a do this summer and if possible we might try and arrange a barbecue for the next day. Does anyone know of anywhere where there might be pits/grills set up for the public to use? I've seen these type of places in other parts of the world but to be honest never really looked closer to home. I realise it's a long shot but you never know until you ask? We don't want to take along any of the disposable type things or anything like that, just really bowl up and fire it up. Char some meat and hopefully avoid food-poisoning, then tidy-up and head home.

Thanks for any ideas/tips in advance. :)

I am unaware of any places like that just make your own areas in beaches or whatnot

You can't go lighting ground fires/ Bbq's anywhere or if you do expect the wrath of the Warden to be upon you

I am unaware of any places like that just make your own areas in beaches or whatnot

You can't go lighting ground fires/ Bbq's anywhere or if you do expect the wrath of the Warden to be upon you

Yeah I wouldn't do it but if someone else wants to... meh

We just use a Weber Go Anywhere fill it up with firelighters and charcoal at home, the legs fold up to hold the lid on so nothing falls out. Once your finished pour a bottle of water over it to cool everything down, drain it and put the burnt remains in a plastic bag to dispose of. They sell them at Eden Park.

Back of the first pub on the right as you drive into Laxey from Douglas. Think its called the Queens ? They have a barbeque area and seating etc which you can use if you ask. Had a few good evenings down there and you have the added convenience of being right next to a pub !

One of the things I miss about Australia is that they have public electric barbeques all over the place so people can just turn up at a beach or whatever and cook what they want.

They're exactly the type of things I was referring to. Seen them all over Oz and the USA but not much chance of them here because you just know they'd be vandalised within hours.

Edit: thanks molly that's not a bad idea.

• 7 years later...

We're having a barbecue today, round my friends house (he's a South African so I could say Braai but he's in the Isle of Man now there'll be none of that foreign talk). I've made chicken burgers (tested last night - well nice), a chocolate & salted caramel torte (totally wicked to the point of saying OMG while eating it) & a boozy lemon cake. The others will make nice food too, sometimes the postman makes teriyaki chicken skewers, they're nice & our host often makes garlic bread, venison skewers & lamb kebabs. 

What do you all have at barbies?

Archived