Where Is King Dave?

Gladys

Declan toppled him in a bloodless coup shortly after he announced his claim. Since King Dave didn't respond to the challenge, the former is now the de jure ruler of the Isle of Man.

Yeah, where is our King when you need him?

I'm guessing he's learning from the EU how to get people who have previously said 'no' to say a resounding 'yes'. Seems that the preferred modus operandi is for those in favour of change to allow your economy to founder to the point that people would vote for a foreign government over their own people - i.e. 'anything would be better than this lot'.

I'm polishing my sword.

I have had a few emails form him over the last year or so... the last one told me some guy was going to contact me about the "film" David was looking to make...sadly I have not heard a thing.

Shame really as could have been a block "duster" !!

Seems that the preferred modus operandi is for those in favour of change to allow your economy to founder to the point that people would vote for a foreign government over their own people - i.e. 'anything would be better than this lot'.

My thoughts exactly. If (for some as yet unknown reason) UK wanted to envelope the Isle of Man it would not take much to cripple us to go begging for the Mainland to help us.

Or are the Manx people that fickle I wonder . . . . . . . .

Whatever happened to King Dave? Perhaps our Royal Correspondent (Stu) can enlighten us. Is he being measured for some ermine and stuff?

He's just sent me a PM. He says that he can't promise you a Coronation at present but would you settle for a pearl necklace instead?

To decide who is monarch we should hold a contest. It will be held at G&D's on a Saturday night, all claimants to stand on stage and compare swords, whoever has the biggest sword is the winner.

And strict rules regarding polishing of aforementioned weapons, as much as you like before you go on stage but you are only allowed to hold it once you are up there. Anybody who needs to hands to hold their sword to be disqualified for showing off.

A flawless plan, perfectly executed. What could possibly go wrong?

No fluffers!

Whatever happened to King Dave? Perhaps our Royal Correspondent (Stu) can enlighten us. Is he being measured for some ermine and stuff?

He's just sent me a PM. He says that he can't promise you a Coronation at present but would you settle for a pearl necklace instead?

Yes, that would look nice on my ample bosom.

Archived