O2 Singal On Iom?

fastie

I have a UK phone for business purposes on 02 and my signal seems okay on most parts of the island to be honest.

Are you sure you're not roaming?

Positive. I pay £10/month extra for a bolt on which enables me to receive calls over here.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a UK phone for business purposes on 02 and my signal seems okay on most parts of the island to be honest.

Positive. I pay £10/month extra for a bolt on which enables me to receive calls over here.

So you're roaming - phone shows o2 with signal via Sure or MT.

So you're roaming - phone shows o2 with signal via Sure or MT.

Correct. Sorry I thought your meant am I bring charged for roaming.

You can still get an O2 3 bar signal along Marine Drive, head in from the southern end, turn round at the gate, and head back. It's easier to find if you walk it, but it's about halfway along.

Thanks very much for this. That's brilliant news. I mentioned the subject to a colleague at work, and he made a very good point.. He suggested that I'd have a very difficult time getting any reception here at all, no matter how close to the edge you can get, since signals cut out when only halfway across the Irish Sea on the boat. How on earth is that?

You need the height. You could also try the top of Mull Hill, but seeing as there is now a mast covering that are for the island you may find it always finds that. The trick is to get good height but still be in a blank signal area in terms of the local sites.

On the boat you are just a few meters above sea level and inside what is basicaly a large aluminium box which will attenuate the signal.

Head to Fleshwick Bay, stick a coat hanger in yer gob, spin round 3 times, stand on one leg, drop your pants and hey presto your O2 signal will be 5bar. My pleasure.

Head to Fleshwick Bay, stick a coat hanger in yer gob, spin round 3 times, stand on one leg, drop your pants and hey presto your O2 signal will be 5bar. My pleasure.

You will also be a Freemason - allegedly.

You need the height. You could also try the top of Mull Hill, but seeing as there is now a mast covering that are for the island you may find it always finds that. The trick is to get good height but still be in a blank signal area in terms of the local sites.

On the boat you are just a few meters above sea level and inside what is basicaly a large aluminium box which will attenuate the signal.

Ah, I see.. Thank you very much. A colleague flies home at the weekends, so I'm going to ask him to take the the phone with him and make a call from it, he leaves tonight so don't want to risk leaving it until after he's gone (won't be able get down there beforehand) and not being able to pick up any signal and be stuck with nothing. Thanks for the info though. Just out of interest, what type of phone was it that you could see the O2 network on? If it was an iPhone (as far as I'm aware, they've got a bit of a reputation for having a weak signal) then I may just try take the leap and arrange transport down there before he leaves, to save having to do without a phone all weekend. Just don't want to go all that way for nothing. :)

Archived