Most Hated Radio Advert?

somewhatdamaged

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on callows and the garage doors

...what about the patronising bloody gas adverts, they REALLY piss me off..."but for meeeeeeeee...it's much better now" - fuck off, I hate actors playing real people, you trying to kid me that was an interview down strand street

I massively hated some radio ads earlier in the year but strangely I forget now what they were.

The thing they had in common though was that they were actually telling you what you have to do/buy, ie "Come to our store NOW and check out our (shit) prices! You WILL be amazed!". Not "Why not pay a visit to..."

No I shan't and no I won't.

Stop telling me what to do! ;)

Any place that 'instructs' me to deal with them runs a high chance of not getting my money.

Oh so many to choose from...Callows Yard; we wish you a Manx Cleaners xmas; and Robinsons.

Is it just my imagination...or in the last couple of years especially, has the search for advertising revenue and the number of adverts per hour thrown at us by MR, increased dramatically?

I'm convinced they've got the same 6 people, stuck up at Ballabonkers in some therapy room, recording these advertisments.

All these adverts and 'Alex in the afternoon', would soon get any alleged terrorist confessing at Guantanamo bay.

...the fact that MR seems virtually incapable or playing a Christmas advert that DOESN'T involve some old "Santa" going "Ho Ho Ho" !

It could be worse, they could've used Tiger Woods. At least Santa stopped after three Ho's :lol:

I remember a radio ad for Kingsmead Finance which featured some idiot singer performing an obvious self-penned ditty on the delights of loans. It was truly awful.

So bad, I switched to Conister.

Anyone else remember it?

Is that the one which wads something like '....You'll get a great deal! Something something...' ?

Anyone remember the Subway advert? Is the Barry Curran Motors of Ramsey advert still going?

Oh and just to add, is it just me or do Energy FM's own jingles sound very VERY 80's? Not that theres anything wrong with that....

Archived