Wanted Manx Kitten

WilDDog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think pure manxies are quite rare now aren't they? There was an advert in the Courier last week advertising for homes for adult manxies, kittens as well but it didn't specifically state the kittens were manx.

Oh didn't I say, the cat isn't for me. I was asked to post on here to see if anyone new were to get one.

It's for a poster on here though, who's machines broke and had to go back to the shop.

Some funny replies though.

We've had a few Manx cats before, they used to be all over. We almost always got them from farms or from people whose cat had got unexpectedly knocked up. You're not always guaranteed a rumpy though, we found that most of the Manxies we saw were stumpies and they were usually all the colours a cat can be, not black as many people prefer.

My grandmother once paid a lot of money for a black Manx cat from a breeder. The poor thing had a lifetime of back problems which my grandmother was told can be common with Manxies as the tail is so short which means their spine is damaged to some degree or another. I don't know what the truth of this is but the Manx cat is said to have a deformity.

Anyway, the best of luck finding one.

Talking about cats......Can anybody advise how to keep unwanted ones at bay?

I was around visiting my dear old mum and dad earlier this evening, their garden is a source of great pleasure to them, particularly at this time of year.

It has however, become almost a no go area due to what looks like the entire cat population in the vicinity using it as a litter tray. The mess and resulting stench is absolutely foul.

They have tried an array of supposed repellents, sprays, powders etc, none of which has had the desired effect.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hmm, they could buy an air rifle and a couple of spotlamps or hide loaded mouse traps around the garden.

Oh before any of you jump on me and tell me how cruel I am, the suggestions are of course a joke.

:)

Hmm, they could buy an air rifle and a couple of spotlamps or hide loaded mouse traps around the garden.

Oh before any of you jump on me and tell me how cruel I am, the suggestions are of course a joke.

:)

Yes I thought you were joking, besides, I doubt my dads eyes are up to it :blink:

I remember a few years ago someone in the Farmhill area of douglas appeared to carry out an unofficial cull by putting poison down, don't really want to go down that road though!

It really is quite a problem.

Perhaps if cats had to be licenced in the same way as dogs, their owners might try to keep them on their own property.

Archived