Xbox 360 Repair

General_Hank

Hi all,

If you have a Xbox 360 which is out of warranty and has got the 3 red ring of death (rrod) error then i'm willing to help repair the X360 for a small price. I say it's worth it since you've got nothing to loose, rather a very good chance that it will come back to working order.

Msg me here or send me an e-mail at ankur@manx.net and we can discuss your X360's situation.

Dr Hank out.

P.S. I will not mod consoles.

P.P.S. After fixing your X360, Live will still work!

Hi all,

I've (re)worked out the pricing for the rrod fix. You will also have to choose a package that you would like for your X360. If the fix is unsuccessful then you will pay nothing.

Basic

- £25

X-Light

- £30

X-Pro

- £45

I have used the Pro package on my own X360. The X-Pro comes with a few extras that will help stop most E74 errors. If it is a genuine rrod problem (i.e. no internal/external damages due to water spillage etc) then all the packages have around 100% chance of the fix working! The main difference in the packages is that the chances of further issues in the future are reduced on the X-Light and X-Pro packages.

Terms and Conditions:

1. I'm not liable to any damages caused to your Xbox 360 or you.

2. In most cases this fix is a better fix than what Microsoft will do but in some cases it can also be less affective.

3. This fix comes with a one month warranty.

4. If i find that your Xbox 360 has already been tampered with (i.e. attempted fix before; has a mod chip installed; has other internal damages; has external damages; or the Microsoft's warranty sticker has been tampered with) before i do the fix then i will not be able to give you the one month warranty even if i am able to fix your Xbox 360.

5. In the case where the X360 rrods again (within in the warranty period) then i will either fix it again or refund the full amount for the original service. If you or anybody else tampers with the Xbox 360 within the warranty period then the warranty will be void.

6. If Microsoft/LIVE has not banned your Xbox 360 from Xbox LIVE then i will do a check after to make sure that this is still the case. PLEASE DO A QUICK XBOX LIVE TEST BEFORE YOU GIVE ME THE XBOX 360 AND TELL ME IF IT WORKS ON XBOX LIVE.

With the X-Pro the parts that i use are completely different from the parts i use in the X-light and Basic packages.

The X-Pro parts have all been tested and calibrated by the manufacturer specifically for the job of fixing the Xbox 360's rrod errors. It also comes with heat sinks which help stop most E74 errors (the one light in the ring). It also comes with a metallic compound (silvery grey colour).

The parts used in the Basic and X-Light packages are still built and manufactured so that they can withstand the high temperatures and are of the right sizes for the fix but they're off the shelf parts, plus there are no extra heat sinks and i use a ceramic and silicone based compound.

Interesting, what exactly does the "X-Pro" include that makes it worth £50?

I couldn't work out the business model either...it seems like he just makes £15 per unit even if they are not repairbale....

Or even if he doesn't even try and repair it.

Or how he can claim near 100% success rates when not even the most reputable repair websites claim at most 97% and even Executer, the manufacturers of the most prevalent repair kit, themselves only managed 87% during testing.

Seems like a nice way to make money when I can do it at cost, might take a bit longer as I don't have all the bits to hand but still would be £20 for a full "pro" job

Hi guys,

I've actually come across a situation where i haven't been sure about what to do even before opening the Xbox 360. So i've made it a rule that i will give back the £15 if i am completely stumped about the error. In this sort of a situation I will get back to the owner and discuss what's best. In most cases it's probably going to be either get is repaired by Microsoft, someone else or buy a new Xbox 360 :P. On a similar note, Microsoft have said that the new Slim model can't red ring by design... maybe it's a different colour :P

About the percentage thing, i'd say 97% and 98% are near 100%. Also, Executer have advertised their product to work at 98% of the time. If you can show me otherwise, i think i'll stick to near 100% success rate.

When my Xbox 360 died a couple of months back, i was looking for ways of getting it fixed and there wasn't anyone to help back then. So i found a little market for my own repair business :). I'm not here to rip people off, i'm trying to be as fair as possible and I give plenty of information and warning every step of the way.

On a similar note, Microsoft have said that the new Slim model can't red ring by design... maybe it's a different colour :P

Partially correct, the 360S has no red LEDs in the surrounding ring but instead shows a red light on the power indicator.

Microsoft claim the 360S won't 'Red Dot Of Death' as when the internal temperature reaches a certain level the console automatically shuts down and won't switch back on until it has cooled.

Quote from Xecuter's own forum when they released the kit.

As a test, we purchased exactley 100 RROD consoles from a games store and applied the fix to all of these. After bench testing for 7 days we have 87 consoles working perfectly with just the RROD Pro Fix, 6 others needed a DVD drive replacement and 7 could not be repaired at all - so were returned to M$ for replacements

That would give an 87% success rate.

I assume, your 94% is based on 100 consoles, only 94(assuming the 6 that needed new drives hadn't presented with RRoDs as well as borked DVD drives) had the RRoD there for the success rate is 87 out of 94 or 90.625%

I guess everyone else is fine with 98% being "nearly 100%", personally I find that things with only a 2% chance of happening happen all the time, and to disregard it is to seriously underestimate the amount of borked xbox's.

Given that it seems to be accepted the 98% is nearly 100% I will fit the Xecuter Pro Kit for £20 if it doesn't work then tough. In this case 98%, which is practically everyone, will be £30 better off and pretty much no one will be £5 out of pocket.

core blimey! expensive prices, I used to do it to help people, charged £25.00 all in without a guaranteed fix.

Now the new executer kit is nice but at rrp of £14.99... you will make £35.01 pure profit, that's if your not buying in bulk. For 30mins work and maybe 1/2minute extra to stick a few sticky back heat sinks on some chips..

And also... as you have advertised as a business idea I hope you are declaring this in your tax report? ;)

Not trying to rain on your parade, but if people are prepared to pay that then best of luck to you!

Hmmm,

Yeah, this is a side project. I've been working on my game project (my full time job) for more than a year now and it's been a little fruitless. So i figured a little cash was needed to balance out the expenses. Anyway, back to the point, it seems i may be over charging a bit. Check the new pricing structure above. I hope more people are satisfied, although i know it's hard to make everyone happy.

I don't expect to make much so i don't need to worry about VAT, and i'm also not expecting to reach the first milestone to have to pay any income tax. That said i'm getting advice from my parents (who run their own businesses) and making sure i'm doing everything by the books :)

Archived