Iphone/manx Forums Users

Deejay Denzel

It's just the same rubbish interface as iPhone users have to put up with on Safari.

I don't understand why, we have to endure a limited service now, when until a few months ago we got the same interface on the phone as on a desktop.

It's just the same rubbish interface as iPhone users have to put up with on Safari.

I don't understand why, we have to endure a limited service now, when until a few months ago we got the same interface on the phone as on a desktop.

Just avoid interfacing with it in that way

-Steve

Well, I'm sure they'd call it a bespoke interface especially for iPhones. But it's not like the old text only version. This is just the forum with all the functionality removed. The lite version had the same functions but you got there by clicking links.

That would be valid because it would reduce bandwidth and speed stuff up. This doesn't have that benefit, it retains avatars for example (although these are random and not people's real avatars mines a series of coloured lines, not the Mark E. Smith one that appears elsewhere for example.)

Also it's impossible to edit long posts, or quote a section from a large post, because of the fixed size box, which wasn't previously a problem. It's difficult to use links, or add images because the code needs to be added by hand.

All this since the last time the forum was upgraded.

Archived