Traffic Wardens Busy On Bank Holiday Monday

localyokel

They are free once you prove residence through a utility bill etc.

ah .. so subsidised by tax payers who have a drive or pay for a garage. Unless they converted the garage and now park in the street.

I think I can see the potential here for an additional govt revenue stream. Say £100 per vehicle per year to start with ?

:)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are free once you prove residence through a utility bill etc.

ah .. so subsidised by tax payers who have a drive or pay for a garage. Unless they converted the garage and now park in the street.

I think I can see the potential here for an additional govt revenue stream. Say £100 per vehicle per year to start with ?

:)

Residents should be able to park outside their house.

However, I genuinely wouldn't object to a nominal fee (say £20) to cover the administration.

Why ? You knew it didn't have parking when you bought it ? You didn't also buy rights to the street in front of your house.

However, I genuinely wouldn't object to a nominal fee (say £20) to cover the administration.

Why should it cost any less than renting any other parking space ? In return for a market rent you could maybe get exclusive rights to the space in front of your house.

You really are bitter about this aren't you.

It's really simple. A monday is not a sunday. I don't see how that's difficult!?

It's a stupid assumption that you made and you deserve your ticket. End of.

If in doubt, I always put my disc up, it take seconds and costs nothing.

I didn't get a ticket. I simply object to people being deliberately ripped off by the underhand skuzzy tactics of people whose only purpose in life is to rip the general public off just because the Island is now totally skint. You are obviously yet another English automaton happy with the basic level of mediocrity that is creeping into every aspect of our lives here at the moment.

Says it all eh! Little dickie bird just told me that the lack of parking discs and those with incorrect times, were mostly ignored today and that ONLY TWO tickets were issued and I think they were for no Road Fund Licence. Not quite the onslaught expected, erm.

Pub drinker or shopper, both are unlikely to pose any obstruction today as all offices are closed. And that's what traffic wardens are supposed to be there for - to keep traffic flowing and make sure there aren't too many obstructions.

I can't see much of a point of those little wannabe coppers being out and about today other than a nice bank holiday pay rate and some more money for the government - which they then probably pass over to the useless thing called Douglas Development Partnership so they can buy some more ugly plastic flowerpots, while not realising they're actually cutting down the branch they're sitting on.

Regeneration? My arse.

Hmmm....on the subject of sneakiness and traffic wardens.....whilst technically within their rights, I thought it particularly sneaky of the traffic warden who last week hit the cars on our street only a couple of minutes after the kick in of the permit zone at 8.00am.

The people on the street who did not have a permit, eg., those with vans (note to self: really must find out how Buchanan & Pitts builders' vans manage to get around this) or those who have family staying with them who came the previous night in their cars after the 6.00pm requirement for displaying a disc had passed, usually all move off before 9.00am. Of course, none of these vehicles had had a chance to go out to their car and display a parking disc set only a few minutes after 8.00am so happy Mr Traffic Warden had a field day. I was awoken that morning by shouts of anger directed at him from several of the residents of the street. I thought the idea was to penalise the office workers who park on the street all day preventing us from parking near our homes and not launch a morning raid on the residents and their families. Really sneaky I thought.

Why ? You knew it didn't have parking when you bought it ? You didn't also buy rights to the street in front of your house.

Why should it cost any less than renting any other parking space ? In return for a market rent you could maybe get exclusive rights to the space in front of your house.

How many houses in central douglas have driveways? They simply weren't built with them!

I am not guaranteed a space outside my house at all, only if there's one free! I'm just not limited to 2 hours. How is that unfair when you live there?

Hmmm....on the subject of sneakiness and traffic wardens.....whilst technically within their rights, I thought it particularly sneaky of the traffic warden who last week hit the cars on our street only a couple of minutes after the kick in of the permit zone at 8.00am.

The people on the street who did not have a permit, eg., those with vans (note to self: really must find out how Buchanan & Pitts builders' vans manage to get around this) or those who have family staying with them who came the previous night in their cars after the 6.00pm requirement for displaying a disc had passed, usually all move off before 9.00am. Of course, none of these vehicles had had a chance to go out to their car and display a parking disc set only a few minutes after 8.00am so happy Mr Traffic Warden had a field day. I was awoken that morning by shouts of anger directed at him from several of the residents of the street. I thought the idea was to penalise the office workers who park on the street all day preventing us from parking near our homes and not launch a morning raid on the residents and their families. Really sneaky I thought.

you should just set your disc to 8am the previous evening, problem solved.

you should just set your disc to 8am the previous evening, problem solved.

I don't need to: I have a resident's permit. I was making the point on behalf of the visitors and other residents (who cannot obtain a parking permit). I am sure they will set it the night before from now on. I expect they did not however expect a traffic warden to be poised, ready to pounce at just a few seconds after 8.00am. I was just making the point that it was really sneaky.

I didn't get a ticket. I simply object to people being deliberately ripped off by the underhand skuzzy tactics of people whose only purpose in life is to rip the general public off just because the Island is now totally skint. You are obviously yet another English automaton happy with the basic level of mediocrity that is creeping into every aspect of our lives here at the moment.

Says it all eh! Little dickie bird just told me that the lack of parking discs and those with incorrect times, were mostly ignored today and that ONLY TWO tickets were issued and I think they were for no Road Fund Licence. Not quite the onslaught expected, erm.

Does it? Oddly there are no facts in your statement to verify what you say other than that a 'Dicky bird' told you. If that was a parking controller that is more like information supplied by a 'Dicky head' than a Dicky Bird. I strongly doubt that what you say is true judging by the level of activity on the prom today. There was no need for the DoI to pay these people bank holiday rates of pay to just make a nuisance of themselves today as the shop keepers of Douglas desperately need all the trade they can get rather than state employed business prevention officers putting off people from visiting the shops and cafes.

that is more like information supplied by a 'Dicky head' than a Dicky Bird.

localyokel made a funny, yawn.

Jesus who pissed on your parade today? You may yearn for the day when we strangle ourselves on red tape because it's what you are used to, but going back in time life in the Island used to be so simple before we imported all this bullshit and sneakiness and then made it a taxpayer funded art form just to keep a bunch of knob ends in high viz jackets in jobs.

Does it? Oddly there are no facts in your statement to verify what you say other than that a 'Dicky bird' told you. If that was a parking controller that is more like information supplied by a 'Dicky head' than a Dicky Bird. I strongly doubt that what you say is true judging by the level of activity on the prom today. There was no need for the DoI to pay these people bank holiday rates of pay to just make a nuisance of themselves today as the shop keepers of Douglas desperately need all the trade they can get rather than state employed business prevention officers putting off people from visiting the shops and cafes.

I dont need to add any more facts to my post. I know the facts and you don't want to believe them. Your posts and facts do not normally go hand in hand.

I dont need to add any more facts to my post. I know the facts and you don't want to believe them. Your posts and facts do not normally go hand in hand.

If your not prepared to say how you know those facts rather than posting crap about Dicky Birds then don't bother posting as whatever you say is meaningless.

Archived