Elton John Concert

thommo2010

even gladder I like what I like and not what the radio tells me to like. :D

What about in the Morrissey thread, didn't you mention that you were a big Smiths fan. I would have thought that they were very radio popular in their day and liked by the masses because they were seen as being 'cool'

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a million miles from my musical taste ( though I confess to a liking for Saturday Nights Alright For Fightin') and there's no way I'd go to see him, but if he can make eight or nine thousand people happy for a few hours then good on him, and good on the promotors who made it happen.

True enough.

Is there any truth in the rumour, that if you are embarking on a world tour, and set up a 'world tour' company for the duration of the tour in the jurisdiction you start - you only pay the tax on all tour earnings in the jurisdiction you started and set up (e.g. here)?

If so, this could be an interesting way of getting some bigger names appearing on the island. And, as it would potentially be an earner for the government, could/should lead to subsidised large tents or venues and everyone being a winner?

He's a million miles from my musical taste ( though I confess to a liking for Saturday Nights Alright For Fightin') and there's no way I'd go to see him, but if he can make eight or nine thousand people happy for a few hours then good on him, and good on the promotors who made it happen.

True enough.

Is there any truth in the rumour, that if you are embarking on a world tour, and set up a 'world tour' company for the duration of the tour in the jurisdiction you start - you only pay the tax on all tour earnings in the jurisdiction you started and set up (e.g. here)?

If so, this could be an interesting way of getting some bigger names appearing on the island. And, as it would potentially be an earner for the government, could/should lead to subsidised large tents or venues and everyone being a winner?

Yes, i'm not sure where i heard it but i have def heard that somewhere. Bring it on, i say.

Archived