Elton John Concert

thommo2010

i see they tried to keep the view as clear as possable so everybody in the middle could see :rolleyes:

Seriously? You don't go to many gigs then?

I went along tonight and to be honest wasn't really bothered about going but that was a great show, brilliant atmosphere.

The one gripe I have is that there was no outside standing section, where a lot of people had bought cheap tickets for when the tent had sold out.

Doesn't seem fair that people had paid more for the same standing section

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've thought they'd take the scaffolding down once they'd finished putting the tent up. Still it's a nice free advert for "RED" scaffolding. Can't say I've ever heard of them, perhaps they should plaster all their scaffolding jobs with sign boards and flags and stuff, get the name about a bit.

You've thought they'd take the scaffolding down once they'd finished putting the tent up. Still it's a nice free advert for "RED" scaffolding. Can't say I've ever heard of them, perhaps they should plaster all their scaffolding jobs with sign boards and flags and stuff, get the name about a bit.

They do.

All the the lads that erect it wear red boiler suits, too

They do.

All the the lads that erect it wear red boiler suits, too

Whooooooosh

You've thought they'd take the scaffolding down once they'd finished putting the tent up.

FFS

166iqe1.gif

:lol:

Irony perhaps?

Great night, loved the proper Candle in the Wind and Benny and the Jets, (my favourite EJ tunes tonight, but love Funeral for a Friend and Blue Eyes even more, s'pose orchestral backing is needed for them). Very civilised evening given 10% of the population were there.

Had a fabulous night. No problems getting into Douglas, no problems parking and no problems getting out. Didn't queue for long for anything. Elton started on time, played a 2 and a half hour set straight. Just did what he does which is sing and play bloody good music to a great standard. He had no orchestra, backing group but hell he didn't need it. He was a star!No faffing. Signed autographs from the stage, made one kids night by bringing him up to sign his ticket/book whatever and made the crowd go bloody nuts when he signed a manx flag. A great show, a great night, a great atmosphere. Spangle very happy!!

Had a fabulous night. No problems getting into Douglas, no problems parking and no problems getting out. Didn't queue for long for anything. Elton started on time, played a 2 and a half hour set straight. Just did what he does which is sing and play bloody good music to a great standard. He had no orchestra, backing group but hell he didn't need it. He was a star!No faffing. Signed autographs from the stage, made one kids night by bringing him up to sign his ticket/book whatever and made the crowd go bloody nuts when he signed a manx flag. A great show, a great night, a great atmosphere. Spangle very happy!!

Tatally agree Spangle,63 years old and did not even take a break.

Gave a SUPERB show and worth every penny.

if it involved a bit of our cash being spent to ensure it took place then IMO it is the best use of taxes our honourable's? have spent for a long time.

Just waiting for all the electioneering to start-I made it happen stuff.

Just wonder who will be the first? A.Bell,D.Cretters.Corkish,must be front runner's to claim it was all down to them.

And I do also wonder about some of the whingeing posts on here :(

SIMPLY AMAZING SHOW.

As I just said on The Examiner website why is that we only get those who gripe who post comments these days? have the loony tunes scared everyone off? I hope everyone who likes Elton John enjoyed the concert and that we get more high profile concerts it is good!

Keeping the airport open until 10pm the whiners get another chance to have a go! how childish can they be at times.

Archived