Newsgroups - Usent Help

Ok i know i few people on here use them but having got fed up with torrents and filesonic/rapidshare i thought i would give usenet a try.

I'm using newsleecher for the client and took out a month sub for astraweb and using nzbmatrix for the files.

Problem is my download speed is poor, it's going from around 40kbs up to 180kbs but it's not maxing out and is up and down.

Are there settings i've missed? it gives you a few options in usenet as the server name and port, which one should i use?

any help appreciated

btw hope this is ok to talk about on here

why not buy your content from legitimate licensed distributors ? Content piracy robs the content owners of royalties and is no different from shoplifting.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, anyone got any helpful information, if i wanted a lecture i'd have gone back to school

asking your question here, how you have phrased it, is analogous to asking for help to break into cars. Sure there might be legitimate reasons to need to know how to get into a car. But you made it obvious that you were looking for help to steal content. In which case you bring this forum into disrepute.

asking your question here, how you have phrased it, is analogous to asking for help to break into cars. Sure there might be legitimate reasons to need to know how to get into a car. But you made it obvious that you were looking for help to steal content. In which case you bring this forum into disrepute.

there are plenty of discussions regarding newsgroups on here, if you can't help don't bother posting, if a mod see's this thread as "bringing it in to dispute" then fair enough it will gt closed, however i haven't mentioned any copyright material or wanted to know how to "steal it" just how to set up newsgroups which are perfectly legal.

you're on ignore now, so any future posts won't be read. <_<

If a mod want's to close this then fine by me, if not any help appreeciated

How many simultaneous connections does astraweb allow you on your package? For example Giganews allows me 50 at a time, which ensures my connection is always maxed out

I would also ensure you were using SSL as well (if you're not already)

Also check that you don't have any bandwidth throttling set up

If you trial Newsbin Pro i can probably help you more as that's what i use.

How many simultaneous connections does astraweb allow you on your package? For example Giganews allows me 50 at a time, which ensures my connection is always maxed out

I would also ensure you were using SSL as well (if you're not already)

Also check that you don't have any bandwidth throttling set up

If you trial Newsbin Pro i can probably help you more as that's what i use.

astraweb allows 20 connections so ive set grabit up as that and i'm using ssl.

how can i check if i have bandwith throttling set up? i get better speed from torrents at the moment..i think it might be a throttling issue as when i first start grabit the download speed peaks at over 900kbs then drops down to around 300-400

I'll download newsbin pro and try that..

Ditched grabit as it kept stopping in the middle of downloading and wouldn't start again unless I closed the programme

Just trying sabnzb now, still only 400kbs though

edit: just unplugged the network cable and tried a wireless dongle, 1100kbs :)

Archived