Newsgroups - Usent Help

I tried Astraweb last night, was only getting 1.1MB/s download speed. Went back to Giganews and was getting 2.0MB!

Looks like Astraweb isn't as fast, although it's a third of the price!

I get 1800kbs from Astra, using NZBDrop or NZB Vortex and Merlins Portal for my searching. Had to throttle to 1500kbs though as it was getting to the point there was no bandwidth left for the normal internets.

And for Pongo, the only thing I am using it for at the minute is to download the US versions of Torchwood, why the hell I should wait a week for a TV show my licence pays for I'll never no, and for stuff I own on DVD/blu-ray as it takes less than a 1/10th of the time than it would to rip them.

I tried Astraweb last night, was only getting 1.1MB/s download speed. Went back to Giganews and was getting 2.0MB!

Looks like Astraweb isn't as fast, although it's a third of the price!

I get 1800kbs from Astra, using NZBDrop or NZB Vortex and Merlins Portal for my searching. Had to throttle to 1500kbs though as it was getting to the point there was no bandwidth left for the normal internets.

And for Pongo, the only thing I am using it for at the minute is to download the US versions of Torchwood, why the hell I should wait a week for a TV show my licence pays for I'll never no, and for stuff I own on DVD/blu-ray as it takes less than a 1/10th of the time than it would to rip them.

Have you tried a proggy called CfosSpeed for your traffic shaping? works for me. Full speed for downloads and still leaves bandwidth for the browsing and for the rest of the family when it's needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived