Tynwald Member's Interests - Mr Phil Braidwood Mlc

Manx1Bloke

He has interests in two properties, one his home the other his business, he has a few shares and he was prudent enough to declare that he was invited to the 2006 World Cup by a person not involved with the government.

Why would any of this be an issue?

How can he own a business, but answer 'positions in business' as 'none'?

He can own the business but not hold a position in it by virtue of having people run it on his behalf.

...but Phil B works in the Post Office, when he is there it is he that his staff turn to for advice on any queries. So he must be considered to be running the business.

Whether he draws a salary of recieves dividends we cannot know but there must be some benefit to him or his family?

Will he benefit from the withdrawal of the ARI? Was it the Treasurys' idea to withdraw this tax gathering means?

Occasionally I am interested in a particular matter that comes to Tynwald. For example, I will spend time reading through a Bill and might need to carry out research. It can take quite a few days. Sometimes I might be up until the early hours working.

As an unpaid member of the public who is taking an interesting, I am galled when I go into the Post Office to see a member of Tynwald who is being paid a £1000 or so a week by us, spending time working at his own business.

It disgusts me.

Occasionally I am interested in a particular matter that comes to Tynwald. For example, I will spend time reading through a Bill and might need to carry out research. It can take quite a few days. Sometimes I might be up until the early hours working.

As an unpaid member of the public who is taking an interesting, I am galled when I go into the Post Office to see a member of Tynwald who is being paid a £1000 or so a week by us, spending time working at his own business.

It disgusts me.

+ 1

was a shit final anyway ... the Dutch were spoilers and should have been down to eight.

Wrong game.

This one Zindane headed butted Matteratzi.

Oh ... I couldn't be arsed reading the small print ... such a non event thread ... 2006 then & yes the head butt, well chest butt.

Has that pisshead MHK walked yet, the shameless **** ... ?

I wouldn't really mind but as a Douglas East MHK I thought he was useless.

Nom de plume, this is actually a serious subject. Would you be happy if your life was in the shit and (one of) your MHK doesn't even acknowledge your letters? Then you see him merrily licking stamps in his post office, happy as larry on £50k a year for being one of the relative sleepy heads n the well paid and pensioned Home of Rest For Old MHKs and their pals.

Never mind the letters, call him ...

I wouldn't really mind but as a Douglas East MHK I thought he was useless.

Nom de plume, this is actually a serious subject. Would you be happy if your life was in the shit and (one of) your MHK doesn't even acknowledge your letters? Then you see him merrily licking stamps in his post office, happy as larry on £50k a year for being one of the relative sleepy heads n the well paid and pensioned Home of Rest For Old MHKs and their pals.

...this is actually a serious subject. Would you be happy if your life was in the shit and (one of) your MHK doesn't even acknowledge your letters? Then you see him merrily licking stamps in his post office, happy as larry on £50k a year for being one of the relative sleepy heads n the well paid and pensioned Home of Rest For Old MHKs and their pals.

If indeed he is working in his Post Office is he on an MHK's part-time salary and reduced virtually freebie MHK pension (not a bad income with Post Master salary with pension and a State pension)? No. Therefore, he needs to put the hours in or get out.

We really can't afford passengers. Time to re-size our government starting with dumping those making half an effort, dumping all of the MLCs and reducing the number of MHKs.

...but Phil B works in the Post Office, when he is there it is he that his staff turn to for advice on any queries. So he must be considered to be running the business.

Whether he draws a salary of recieves dividends we cannot know but there must be some benefit to him or his family?

Will he benefit from the withdrawal of the ARI? Was it the Treasurys' idea to withdraw this tax gathering means?

I think he has a business partner who runs the Post office on a day by day basis?

He has interests in two properties, one his home the other his business, he has a few shares and he was prudent enough to declare that he was invited to the 2006 World Cup by a person not involved with the government.

How can he own a business, but answer 'positions in business' as 'none'?

but his form doesn't say he owns a business...all he appears to be saying is that he owns the premises....

However using a mock Machiavellian tone of voice and Baldrick's "catch phrase"- I have a cunning plan...........ph34r.png

Archived