Guild Wars

Tranq

Just thought I'd mention I've been playing Guild Wars for a week and I highly recommended you do not buy this game.

It will take away the precious hours you have drawing you in again and again.

I can't leave it alone!

Worse still, many of my friends are now in the process of buying it.

If you don't have many commitments, then this game will give you many hours of Solo or Co-op RPG lovelyness.

The instant PvP char creation (Maxed out skills too) will appeal to many who hated levelling up.

Best of all, no subscription fees.

Anyone else sampled this little gem?

It's an interesting idea. It's like taking the WoW instances and making a whole game out of them. Not an mmo, you only play with a few players through the instance at a time. Not sure how it can survive on no subs though, servers don't come cheap. My prediction is it'll be dead in six months unless they come up with some kind of paid content model.

• 1 year later...

I bought a copy of this some time ago, The game has shipped over 2million copies. Have to admit I never really got into it, I think this is a game you need to play with some friends and alot of mine wern't willing to give up WoW to play it.

Dusting off my copy now to give it another go.

With no subscriptions they plan to make money on selling account perks like extra account slots and have a 6 month expansion life-cycle. The 3rd expansion is due out later this year, titled Nightfall.

Archived