Gatwick Route By Easyjet

Manx1Bloke

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What time did Tom Jones's privaate jet leave last week?

Ah but that's different, it's fine for the riff raff to be fucked about.

As it was planned well in advance then I'd imagine that staffing could be altered accordingly to provide later cover

Don't be letting facts get in the way here.

However no IOM flights are loaded after 25th March, so maybe someone is looking at it.

EasyJet have not loaded schedules for any routes after 25th March, 2017

Damn you. I was hoping for another thread out of that! w00t.gif

ETA: Maybe they're going to pull ALL the routes. ermm.gif

However no IOM flights are loaded after 25th March, so maybe someone is looking at it.

EasyJet have not loaded schedules for any routes after 25th March, 2017

Damn you. I was hoping for another thread out of that! w00t.gif

ETA: Maybe they're going to pull ALL the routes. ermm.gif

If they do I imagine you'll have a lot of people sat very smugly, arms crossed, saying 'Good riddance, piss takers anyway' and then move onto something else to whine and whinge about to drag the island under. Probably the same people who still use the phrases 'Comeover' and 'There's a boat in the morning.'

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting situation last night involving the Gatwick I overheard on the RT. Because of the patchy fog the Gatwick flight entered the hold over the sea and the Captain informed ATC he was able to hold for just over an hour maybe an hour and a quarter. About ten minutes later , he passed a message to say he had been instructed by company that his alternate was back to Gatwick. In the circumstances he didn't have the fuel to hold so left to return to Gatwick.

The two flybe aircraft Liverpool and Manchester were also in the hold and they held for some time and later landed successfully. The London City flight made an approach, could not land and had to divert as he did not have the fuel to hold and I believe he went to Liverpool.

The point of my tale is that had the Gatwick had a sensible alternate he could have held long enough to land and not inconvenienced his passengers.

I guess Easyjet needed the aircraft at their Gatwick base. As I have always maintained we are not high on their list of priorities but we bent over backwards to get them here !

An interesting situation last night involving the Gatwick I overheard on the RT. Because of the patchy fog the Gatwick flight entered the hold over the sea and the Captain informed ATC he was able to hold for just over an hour maybe an hour and a quarter. About ten minutes later , he passed a message to say he had been instructed by company that his alternate was back to Gatwick. In the circumstances he didn't have the fuel to hold so left to return to Gatwick.

The two flybe aircraft Liverpool and Manchester were also in the hold and they held for some time and later landed successfully. The London City flight made an approach, could not land and had to divert as he did not have the fuel to hold and I believe he went to Liverpool.

The point of my tale is that had the Gatwick had a sensible alternate he could have held long enough to land and not inconvenienced his passengers.

I guess Easyjet needed the aircraft at their Gatwick base. As I have always maintained we are not high on their list of priorities but we bent over backwards to get them here !

I had rels on the flight, not happy bunnies. Little information given to them at the time but they're hoping to be over on a later flight today

It's very simple. If you fly Easyjet (especially Gatwick) you are at the back of the queue in terms of priority. There is no doubt that if the plane cannot be on the tarmac at Gatwick at the end of the day (ready for the foreign flight it does next) then the IOM flight will be binned.

I'm on the late one in a couple of weeks for an overnight stay before a very early flight out the following day. I'm concerned about getting there.

In addition, a group of us are planning a trip to the US next year that we would normally do from Gatwick. We are now actively looking at Manchester options rather than take the risk of the Easyjet farce.

To be fair it's summer holidays. Every operator's planes will be fully booked up with flights to somewhere sunny so part full IoM flights late in the day during this time will be bottom of the pile. I've deliberately avoided flying the past month or so for these reasons, took the boat a few times to get round it. Once we get to mid-September things will normalise and I'll book my travel again. You can't blame EasyJet, they're in the business of making money not losing it.

Archived