More Great Publicity For The Island....

thebees

And don't forget discrimination against Manx people.

Well it is not bloody surprising there is discrimination against the Manx. Given they seem like such an indolent lot they will take anything and barely complain, nevermind fight for themselves.

What are we supposed to do? If we fight for our rights and protest about how they mistreat us, we just get w-nkers like MDO calling us "bitter" and saying we have a "chip" on our shoulders.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it is not bloody surprising there is discrimination against the Manx. Given they seem like such an indolent lot they will take anything and barely complain, nevermind fight for themselves.

What are we supposed to do? If we fight for our rights and protest about how they mistreat us, we just get w-nkers like MDO calling us "bitter" and saying we have a "chip" on our shoulders.

No you're bitter because you are a failed civil servant. Not because you're an oppressed anything.

It's a trickly one maybe but the Manx themselves do not like those who rock the boat. Play it cool. Accept. Say nothing. (I am Manx).

I just don't see why some are more equal than others. Where is the lobby for the other disadvantaged applicants? (eg disabled/ chronically sick)

More equal?

As in Orwell's Animal Farm. All equal but the pigs were more equal than others.

And now could you apply this to the real world please? I need to know what you're referring to.

No you're bitter because you are a failed civil servant. Not because you're an oppressed anything.

Wrong, idiot. It's called political persecution.

The only thing to do is accept that MDO is right.

I just don't see why some are more equal than others. Where is the lobby for the other disadvantaged applicants? (eg disabled/ chronically sick)

More equal?

As in Orwell's Animal Farm. All equal but the pigs were more equal than others.

And now could you apply this to the real world please? I need to know what you're referring to.

To spell it out: We are told that gays are discriminated against. They seek equality.

In fact they have a pretty hefty lobby - starting right at the top. All the alphabet soup organisations are seemingly into positive discrimination. However, disabled, families etc suffer exactly the same discrimination in the property rental world yet who helps them? Some are seemingly more equal than others.

PS Animal Farm is a comment on communism aka collectivism

The only thing to do is accept that MDO is right.

MDO is not right, MDO is a f-ckwit.

It's a trickly one maybe but the Manx themselves do not like those who rock the boat. Play it cool. Accept. Say nothing. (I am Manx).

So do nothing and say nothing? That's your plan?

I wasn't referring to myself. That is definitely not my stance. It was a comment on the general attitude amongst the Manx as I perceive it. Am happy to be corrected.....

To spell it out: We are told that gays are discriminated against. They seek equality.

In fact they have a pretty hefty lobby - starting right at the top. All the alphabet soup organisations are seemingly into positive discrimination. However, disabled, families etc suffer exactly the same discrimination in the property rental world yet who helps them? Some are seemingly more equal than others.

PS Animal Farm is a comment on communism aka collectivism

That doesn't really make sense. If people are discriminated against because of a shared characteristic then they naturally get together to overturn that discrimination.

But there is nothing in that which means the same people are enforcing positive discrimination. (Do you understand what that is?) If you think that then you don't know what you're talking about.

If a disabled person is discriminated against when it comes to rental of a property then....that is WRONG too. If there is no stink about it then that doesn't mean that the gay have a lobby but disabled don't. It can be dependent on a number of things.

I don't even know what lobby you are referring to and what families are being discriminated against?

I personally don't understand the issue with Homosexuality.

If you're one, then that's fine and I hope you find a partner worthy of your love and attention.

If you're not, then that's fine also and I again ditto the above

I accept that homosexual partners would want a partnership that has the same tax rights or other rights that are similar to that of a heterosexual couple and have zero issues with this.

So all in all, happy days, you are what you are and I don't see a problem, so long as people accept this.

The issue is that some people do have an issue with it.

The only problem I have is when 'some' homosexuals use homophobia as an issue to manipulate their cause by labelling or targeting people against their sexuality, even where no insult was intended or even said!

The same happened when the odd black person thought themselves hard done by and called everyone racist, even when something was said which was not meant to be racist.

It just seems that 'some' people will always try to create an issue, jump at the chance of an off the cuff remark and twist it to suit their particular corner.

Sad state of affairs really.

It doesn't matter whether offence or insult is intended. I can say things about gay people or gay stuff which can be homophobic. I am gay and I have no intention in the least of offending or insulting people just because of their sexuality - but I can be homophobic.

Homophobia is not about offending people or an intention to do so.

Of course, there are odd occasions when people get the wrong end of the sticks or wrongly cause a fuss, I have come across a few odd incidents in the press or from people I know, but in the main when someone says something is racist or homophobic I have almost always agreed and that's after thinking about such things for a good while if I wasn't sure.

For example, a few people on here have posted (crap) jokes which aren't intended to insult gay people but use language in such a way that plays on stereotypes relating to gay people or reproduces languages that reinforces a negative idea or associations with gay people. That's homophobic, regardless of intention to insult.

It doesn't matter whether offence or insult is intended. I can say things about gay people or gay stuff which can be homophobic. I am gay and I have no intention in the least of offending or insulting people just because of their sexuality - but I can be homophobic.

Homophobia is not about offending people or an intention to do so.

Of course, there are odd occasions when people get the wrong end of the sticks or wrongly cause a fuss, I have come across a few odd incidents in the press or from people I know, but in the main when someone says something is racist or homophobic I have almost always agreed and that's after thinking about such things for a good while if I wasn't sure.

For example, a few people on here have posted (crap) jokes which aren't intended to insult gay people but use language in such a way that plays on stereotypes relating to gay people or reproduces languages that reinforces a negative idea or associations with gay people. That's homophobic, regardless of intention to insult.

As an aside then, LDV, i'm interested in hearing your view on the tv show, 'Vicious'. Here we have an example of the old, (negative?) stereotyping of two 'old queens' played by, er, two 'old queens'!

I'm of the opinion that this programme does no favours to the perception of homosexuality and just re-inforces the stereotypical 'mincing fag' syndrome amongst the hetero's.

Would you describe the content of 'Vicious' as homophobic?

I've found the opinions of some gay people i know to be very mixed about this.

Ta....

Archived