It's Christmas Already In Strand Street

Thomas Jefferson

A lot of the ordering for Christmas will be done in January believe it or not, and the stock will arrive in September / October. It's better for the retailers to have it out and try and get some money back as soon as possible, rather than have it gathering dust in the stock rooms.

I know people who have done all of their Christmas shopping already and there are people planning what they are going to buy, so if it isn't on the shelves, they may not see it (or buy elsewhere / online). A friend was looking for Christmas jumpers the other weekend as her firm were holding their staff party.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the ordering for Christmas will be done in January believe it or not, and the stock will arrive in September / October. It's better for the retailers to have it out and try and get some money back as soon as possible, rather than have it gathering dust in the stock rooms.

At the beginning of this year I was doing some work on site at the HQ of a major High Street retailer - they had dummy shops in the building and were preparing layouts for this coming Christmas

Anyway, this was Tower House last week......

post-12070-0-39542900-1445365533_thumb.jpg

Well I have no shame in saying that I love the long run-up to Christmas.

In fact I've just bought my first set of new lights this year from The Ramsey Warehouse.

#total-saddo

Ramsey Warehouse - that takes me back...

Well I fucking hate Christmas. Every year I have to suffer this jamboree of wastefulness, unchecked greed, and humanity's hubristic self regard.

I wish it to be crushed under a thousand ton mountain of plastic shit and wasted food.

Don't worry, it'll all start again next year :D .

#total-saddo

Ramsey Warehouse - that takes me back...

He's talking about the Ramsey Warehouse store, not the warehouses in Ramsey you used to go cottaging around at night time.

Johnny Meads?

Eh? Ever been to Ramsey lad?

Archived