2 fires in one evening!

John

j2bad

How did you do that?

I cannot get mttv to play on my android device put it played ok via your link!

Just view the source do a find on mp4 and grab the link to the file, actually quicker to that than sit through the preload advert.

Cheers fella unfortunately that dont work on android because as soon as you load an mttv clip the dreaded "you require the latest flash version" grrrr

Which is why if someone shares a link on here I advise that they do that for you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Jaks last night watching the footy when it happened. The fire alarm went off just before half-time and no-one was leaving, until we started smelling and seeing smoke and then everyone left pretty sharpish.

I was in Jaks last night watching the footy when it happened. The fire alarm went off just before half-time and no-one was leaving, until we started smelling and seeing smoke and then everyone left pretty sharpish.

Funny the quotes on the radio would suggest the staff reacted immediately and Jaks customers calmly exited the building in a text book fashion, suppose you had to neck your bottle of WKD and punch a hippy first.

Funny the quotes on the radio would suggest the staff reacted immediately and Jaks customers calmly exited the building in a text book fashion, suppose you had to neck your bottle of WKD and punch a hippy first.

The lack of concern people had is emphasised by the cameraphone video on MTTV. Chap calmly stood there.

Amazing that no-one on here seems unduly concerned that this has happened just before one of the more lucrative weeks of the year (Easter), which will probably affect both staff and the owners.

Sounds like the whole place will need fumigating and redecorating due to smoke damage, after some serious rewiring.

Apparently they might be able to re-open tomorrow!!

http://energyfm.net/cms/news_story_313307.html

That's really rather impressive. I hope they do get sorted.

Speaking of electricity and fire though, whilst living in France, I saw one that decided to go up. Turned out if was EDF's fuses to protect their network, they hadn't maintained them and they exploded, setting fire to the half inch chipboard it was mounted on. Proper flames, not smouldering. I was speaking to the guys that came to fix it and apparently in France, it happens more often than you'd expect over there, according to the chap (EDF technician) I was speaking to about it.

Electricity needs to be banned.

Lives are at stake and we are still using electricity now even in the 21st century. It's a joke, I can't believe MHK's haven't sorted this out, just feathering their own nests while we live with this killer. Only yesterday I was fishing a bit of toast out of the toaster with a fork and I could have been killed.

Lives are at stake and we are still using electricity now even in the 21st century. It's a joke, I can't believe MHK's haven't sorted this out, just feathering their own nests while we live with this killer. Only yesterday I was fishing a bit of toast out of the toaster with a fork and I could have been killed.

What they have done slinky is that because of the potential of death they have increased the IOM Utility tariff so much so that the average member of the public cannot really afford to use it, therefore making it safer due to the fact less people are using it :-)

To be fair, RCDs are designed to try and prevent stupidity and electricity being such a fatal combination. It's still not stuff to be trifled with. We should go back to gas lamps.

Quote from the Constabulary

Further update re: Loch Prom fire.

The MEA do not believe that there will be any further power outages as a result of this incident.

The Fire Service and Police are now standing down. No casualties reported.

Thanks to all for their understanding and assistance.

It's good nobody was hurt.

Is it? Are you sure? Are you saying that because you have been doubtful about it until some deep thought on the matter or is it because you have to let us know on MF about how you feel so we can tell the owners and staff on your behalf? Maybe you're better doing this yourself.

Is anyone unhappy about the fact that nobody was hurt?

Archived