2 fires in one evening!

John

thommo2010 seems to think that there is no cause for concern over somewhere potentially not being able to open over a busy bank holiday period.

It might be alright for him as a customer to go elsewhere, but it is no good for the people who run/help to run the place in question.

As it happens, I have heard that Jak's may be open much earlier than initially envisaged. Well done to all who have assisted to make this possible.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has the actual cause of the fire been discovered? more than just electrical fault, was it a faulty wylex RCD/MCB? wylex had an issue a while back with some apparently and that was blamed as the cause of the fire at a firemans house in kirk michael a few years ago. with all the work thats been done in there recently i'd expect all the wiring to be pretty new and fully part P tested so it shouldn't have been a wiring issue.

thommo2010 seems to think that there is no cause for concern over somewhere potentially not being able to open over a busy bank holiday period.

It might be alright for him as a customer to go elsewhere, but it is no good for the people who run/help to run the place in question.

As it happens, I have heard that Jak's may be open much earlier than initially envisaged. Well done to all who have assisted to make this possible.

Maybe if you read my post you would see that I said unless your the owner or work there then why would it be a concern? just looking for an argument or something to be offended over?

If you are going to post links to them at least make them ones that all of us can use.

http://media.manx.net/vod/640x480_16-04-14-23-01-17_140416%20jaks%20fire.mp4

On a side note I thought there was a fitness requirement for fire fighters?

I thought so too. I presumed you had to maintain a certain level of general fitness in that job and regular assesments were carried out.

Archived