Manx Telecom ebill decoder (for bills)

Anyone else hate this? It annoys me that i have to install their software just to open a bill up, when i can simply log into the Sure website, and see a historical list of all my bills, and quickly view, or download whatever i want from wherever i want like work etc

Also, i don't know if it's a Win 8.1 issue but when i open up an ebill i get this message "No apps are installed to open this type of link, search for an app on the app store"

I can manually locate the extracted temp file and open it using chrome, but how many novices would know to do this?

Anyone have an email address for MT support, as i would like to make a suggestion to change this stupid method.

thanks

Ring them up & tell them your computer won't run their software so they'll have to find another way of getting you their bills, and that you are not going to pay for paper bills ( if they charge).

Always remember that you're the customer because quite often MT forget,

I had to install this for my integrated bill. 3 landlines, two mobiles, plus 2 data cards. The bill is encoded. Once you've applied it the bill is in PDF for print out. Total pain. I complained loudly and despite initial suggestions I had to use it and couldn't have a paper bill I now get a paper bill with 20 plus pages of statistics and call records, which I don't actually need

It's completely bizarre. Yet, they only seem to push it on consumers - business customers just log in on the e-bill site and can download the bill in straight PDF format. Don't know why they don't use the same system for all.

I imagine its a third party supplier who developed the system for the billing platform probably for another operator and they just sold it to MT on the cost savings angle.

It certainly solves them having to do develop anything with their own websites and given their track record of internet based services like manx.net surely this is a better option than them trying to fudge something which could have ended with your call history in the hands of spammers etc.

I have been using it for a while now - I was a bit miffed at having to download the encoder but never notice it now as whenever a new bill is emailed it just opens automatically. I guess a way around it would be to issue PDFs which have been password protected with your password choice when you register for online billing maybe?

Archived