Heritage Way Closed to Dog Walkers

Katman

I didn't know horses had a blind spot. Just slow down and give a wide berth and I've never had any issues. It's intollerance like that that makes the horse riders give me a friendly nod and a "thank you".

Yeah, I don't think it's a blind spot as such, I just make sure the horse has eyeballed me before I go buy. Sometimes a little whistle is all it takes.

Been away for a couple of days so didn't have time to get a picture that explains it easily.

A horse has three blind spots, immediately in front, to the offside rear and immediately behind and to the nearside rear and immediately behind

Genuinely just wanting to show you so that you can position yourself safely, either on a bike or in a car

http://horsehints.org/graphics/VisionDiagram.gif

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ Have to agree, I would not be taking a child of that age out on a busy road, no matter how quiet the pony

If this is something that happened about a month ago, I do know a bit more about it, but won't post because I know that a number plate was taken and they do now know who it was - wouldn't want to bollox up a prosecution

Anyone know why my diagram disappeared? Did I do it wrong?

ETA - ha fixed it smile.png

Archived