Heritage Way Closed to Dog Walkers

Katman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always liked the idea of removing the gates on the old railway line and putting down some slate chippings to improve the surface so that people can use it to cycle to work. The only trouble is that it becomes a raceway for lycra loons to the detriment of other users.

How could anyone allow "stay of the railway line" to make it to print? Stupid people really get on my nerves.

I think people who are otherwise literate rely too much on computers to check their spelling which is fine until you pick a wrong word which also happens to exist as in this case. Misplaced confidence in technology.

I think people who are otherwise literate rely too much on computers to check their spelling which is fine until you pick a wrong word which also happens to exist as in this case. Misplaced confidence in technology.

Yeah, but don't they ever read it back? That jumped right out at me on the most cursory of glances.

How could anyone allow "stay of the railway line" to make it to print? Stupid people really get on my nerves.

Or "exercisers of animals". You can tell it was written by a cyclist with an attitude.

Haven't been down along there for a while - are the main gates still padlocked all the time?

Some are. The rubble from peel road does make it a better bike path, but the gates are a pain.

Do cyclists have to pay for a key to access the locked areas or do you just chuck your bike over the top of the gate ?

Do cyclists have to pay for a key to access the locked areas or do you just chuck your bike over the top of the gate ?

Each gate's got it's own special way, some you can just go around the side, some over the top, some through the short swing gate at the side.

Archived