Heritage Way Closed to Dog Walkers

Katman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noted. I'll carry on either going round or over if I have to without one iota of guilt because your stance is completely bonkers.

Its not going to bother me as I will continue to steer clear of the place its not worth the hassle.

But when you're lobbing your bike over without one iota of guilt, best not do it right in front of a horse, cause when those hind feet connect with you it might just smart a bit

They are live animals with minds of their own.

If someone else does something to startle not a lot you can do about it.

As I said, seen more than one incident with bikes at the gate, one of those occasions the person with the bike almost got kicked which was entirely their own fault.

The owner of the horse did go down the sea terminal and was told that the gates should be opened not climbed over

Rob's not in charge of naming lanes as far as I know.

Seems that still happens because its easier. My point is that if you are using the main gates they should be unlocked to use rather than lobbing your bike over and clambering over the gate after it.

So your entire objection is that cyclists shouldn't carry their bikes over the gate in case they accidentally hit a horse? And cyclists are the selfish ones?

Thanks for the lols smile.png

I have not said it was not intended for cyclists, it is.

You will note it is also called a 'bridleway'. If the locked parts were just to keep out motorised traffic why is it called a "bridleway",?

I was just trying to ascertain if cyclists had now bothered to buy keys instead of clambering over the locked gates rather than unlocking them. You stated that some you had to 'go over the top'.

It would be just as quick to unlock the gate as to lob your bike over, but that would mean buying a key.

I am hardly poorly informed, I have a key.

It was you that said "I'm not sure anyone not on foot pays to use the heritage trail. Is there some secret toll booth I'm not aware of"

You have given me an answer to what I wanted to know, and further insight into the attitude of cyclists and why people dislike them so much, so thanks for that.

Just like the two cyclists who seemed to think it clever to travel along North Quay last night, two abreast, riding AGAINST the one way system. Dickheads.

This is why people like Slim any many others get a bad press. It's the assholes that you remember, not the usually law abiding biker, of which there are many.

I give up.

That is not what I said at all

Some cyclists are plain stupid when it comes to horses. Some are just down right rude. Some believe that they have the right to do whatever they want and bollox to everyone else, and some are considerate.

No doubt you believe the cyclists that abused a group of kids only a few weeks ago were well justified

Some cyclists are plain stupid when it comes to horses. Some are just down right rude. Some believe that they have the right to do whatever they want and bollox to everyone else, and some are considerate.

No doubt you believe the cyclists that abused a group of kids only a few weeks ago were well justified

No, some people are stupid when it comes to horses. Some people are rude. Some people don't understand others and think that they should behave the way they think they should. Most people are considerate.

I was out with a group of kids on a sneaky day off on the bike today, and saw them get abuse a number of time from drivers. I don't think any kind of abuse is justified, on or off a bike. I don't see how them being cyclists is relevant. When someone gets mugged, you don't see 'PEDESTRIAN MUGGED OTHER PEDESTRIAN'.

What I have referred to was lobbing and chucking, which is different. ie standing on one side, then chuck your mountain bike over the gate so that it lands flat on the floor in the gateway

I've ridden thousands of miles on my bike, ridden with scores of people, lifted my bike over countless gates, helped people lift their bikes over countless gates, and watched people lift their bikes over countless gates. I've never seen anyone chuck a bike over a gate. Most bikes would break. You might have seen someone stupid do it once, but let's not pretend this is a serious issue putting horses in danger.

That's not "just like" it at all. Riding the wrong way up a one way street is illegal. Lifting your bike over a gate on a cycle path is perfectly reasonable and expected.

It is just the same attitude as JT was talking about.

I am a driver and I do not condone the behaviour of some assholes who drive vehicles, so why do you defend the dicks that ride bikes?

We will have to agree to disagree here.

In 30 years of having a horse I can honestly say I have only had one incident with a car driver.

In the same period I have lost count of the amount of times I have been sworn at or had a deliberate attempt to spook the horse by either individual or a group of cyclists, and that includes one of the clubs when they were very politely asked if they could move out to the horses line of sight rather than in his blind spot

@ Mr Sausages

I have seen it on more than one occasion on the railway line - it was a sand surface at the time from the St Johns end (don't know if it still is) and I'm not saying its putting horses in danger, quite the opposite. I wouldn't forgive myself if my horse kicked someone in the head, even if it was due to their own actions.

That is why I don't think its worth the hassle and stopped going down there

That's not "just like" it at all. Riding the wrong way up a one way street is illegal. Lifting your bike over a gate on a cycle path is perfectly reasonable and expected.

It is just the same attitude as JT was talking about.

I am a driver and I do not condone the behaviour of some assholes who drive vehicles, so why do you defend the dicks that ride bikes?

Quote where I've defended "dicks", or admit you've just made that up because your argument is too weak to stand on its own.

Archived