New chippy in Onchan Precinct

Isaac

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is called Fryers, going to try it Tonight Saturday, heard one good report so far, but they said portions were smaller than the Kirk Michael Chippy Take Away at Corkills Garage

Prices are at new chippy

Regular Chips £2.00

Cod £4.10

Large Chips £2.70

Haddock £4.40

Just tried the New Chippy, a big investment in the property very smart and Modern, but, I was in there on my own, sorry to say their Chips not as good as Kirk Michaels at Corkills

Lots of Fish etc already cooked but not Freshly Cooked like Kirk Michaels are

They always say go to the Chippy with the biggest queue because the Chips will be Freshly cooked

At least I tried it, but will be back to Kirk Michaels next week

Fell free to give the new place a Try, this is just my opinion

Well, I just had fish, chips and peas there.

The chips are better than at Port Jack / The Terrace. They're properly cooked and crispy, not greasy - how I like them.

The fish at Port Jack is better. I think you get more fish at Port Jack and I think the Fry's batter is a bit sickly.

The peas were better than at Port Jack.

I've not been to the Kirk Michael one so I am unable to make a comparison.

That's it then. Chips from Fry's and Fish from Port Jack for me next time.

I am always flabbergasted by how cheap fish and chips are across compared to here. I know all the factors, fuel etc. involved, but I think the usual uplifts here are far worse on fish and chips for some reason. Always feel like I've been mugged. The lunchtime "half price" chips at the Terrace don't help me in this regard. Even with my business head on, it just makes me feel I'm being screwed the rest of the time if they can make half price pay early on.

I counted at least 8 staff, most of them teenagers. Maybe it's just for the weekend they're employing a lot. Still, it's good experience, something to put on their CVs and a little spare cash.

I went to Diner part last week. Nice and quick services but the menu was all a bit confusing. They asked for some feedback and I was happy to put across my opinions, seems they are welcoming feedback with it being quite a new place. I thought the food was bang on, chips were fantastic and the fish (although it wasnt huge) was comparable to most of the chippy's here. I think they are going to get better as they go along.

KMC is fantastic, I dont think there is much between them and fryers though.

Seemed ok on my only visit so far. Chips were a bit pale and tasteless though but I'll put that down to them being extremely busy.

I'll probably pay a midweek visit sometime when things are quieter

Things'll be a lot quieter if the food was tasteless first time around.

How can a chippy menu be confusing?

One example - Listing main menu items and not highlighting they already come with chips, not mentioning that at the point of sale meant the family next to me ordered 3 extra portions of chips for no reason. The young lady was happy to reimburse them which was good to see.

Archived