Most recent music album/song you bought?

Isaac

Deutsche Grammophone's 100 Classical Masterworks

Bach, St. Matthew's Passion - Choruses and Arias

Various, American Anthems

The Ramones, Greatest Hits

smile.png

I've listened to it at least five times now. Although I'd always liked Blitzkrieg Bop, I'd long assumed their music was juvenile and that that was probably the best they could come up with so I'd never really delved into their music. I've never been more wrong - I'm thoroughly impressed with the broad range of musical talent, brilliant lyrics, superb guitar playing, and general originality. Really good stuff to jog to as well but have to try and stop myself bouncing up and down. Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba I wanna be sedated ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba I wanna be sedated.

I have the CD "All The Stuff (and more) 33 tracks.

This music does not age IMO, I play it very often, (Great in the car on full volume) smile.png

Rush - Power Windows and Moving Pictures. Re buying old vinyl on CD.

Great band, but one, possibly two, of my least favourite of their albums. Moving Pictures is OK, but for me they started to decline after Permanent Waves. There have been some good albums since though - Presto for example.

I got right into the Danish series, 'The Bridge' for other reasons than just the delightful Sofia Helin. The theme tune, 'Hollow Talk' by The Choir of Young Believers was excellent and I recommend downloading the album 'Rhine Gold' if you'd like to hear something original, different and moody. Music can be poetry....

• Like 1

Just been given, 'Your Gold Teeth', by local lad Jack Wolter. I'm so impressed I want to lick his plectrum.

And re-visiting 'Strange Cargo 111' by William Orbit. Though not quite the same since I gave up drugs, it's still a great album....

The YGT album for anyone that wants it - https://yourgoldteeth.bandcamp.com/

You may want to have a listen to his current band -

https://cubzoa.bandcamp.com/album/throw-your-arms-around-me

https://cubzoa.bandcamp.com/album/aubergine-ep

And his little sis/bass player in YGT EP -

http://kookielou.bandcamp.com/album/kookielou-ep

Me? Dark Side (of the Moon) on a 'shaving mirror' to replace my well worn vinyl.

Too mean to buy it new, bought it through 'estocks' on ebay who I have found to be a very good source of very good second hand CD's and DVD's.

Just curious, anyone else (still?) into Vinyl and analogue amplifier chain?

Me? Dark Side (of the Moon) on a 'shaving mirror' to replace my well worn vinyl.

Too mean to buy it new, bought it through 'estocks' on ebay who I have found to be a very good source of very good second hand CD's and DVD's.

Just curious, anyone else (still?) into Vinyl and analogue amplifier chain?

Not sure what "analogue amplifier chain" means. But I still buy & play vinyl - more so now than few years ago actually.

The most recent British album I bought was Marina and the Diamonds, Electra Heart (Deluxe). I'm not sure how I came across it but I was surprised by it. She's a very talented young lady - and darn good looking.

I got right into the Danish series, 'The Bridge' for other reasons than just the delightful Sofia Helin. The theme tune, 'Hollow Talk' by The Choir of Young Believers was excellent and I recommend downloading the album 'Rhine Gold' if you'd like to hear something original, different and moody. Music can be poetry....

I think Hollow Talk is on the "This Is For The White In Your Eyes" album