TT Miracle: Moffatt says something I agree with

thesultanofsheight

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WW1 and 2.

Sorry Monkey. I agree with you on many things but you're wrong here.

So you're saying we wouldn't have survived the wars if we didn't pay the UK for defence? Don't apologise smile.png

Absolutely no one agrees with you. Stop digging.

That's not true either. You still haven't explained who we need defending against & why?

Do you know something I don't? Do you have some intel that the vikings are planning another pop?

That's because they're sock puppets, and they're only disagreeing because they're inconvenienced by the TT. There's no fooling monkey boy.

Given up on the bollocks you were spouting last time have you?

That's because they're sock puppets, and they're only disagreeing because they're inconvenienced by the TT. There's no fooling monkey boy.

Enlighten me. I'm at a loose end. I'll play.

What is not fine is us tacitly attracting thousands of wannabees over with the promise they can ride the course at unlimited speeds. If it's all about the races, and the fans watching them and soaking up the atmosphere, and not really about being able to ride over the mountain at 150 without losing your license, then let's see a properly enforced speed limit for the fortnight, with severe penalties for those exceeding. I suspect visitor numbers, and visitor fatalities, would drop dramatically.

This is sort of where I'm coming from and the reason I've had it with everything now; and can you imagine what it will be like if we grow the event to get another 10,000 bikers over as the new marketing agency has been tasked to deliver? It's not a good investment. It's an investment into further death and misery. Without those sort of restrictions we cannot police and control the number of bikes or the speed, and if those restrictions start having to be applied anyway a lot fewer will start coming. How many road deaths are we up to now? Four? And the event hasn't really started yet. But it's all the locals fault don't forget reading the Police tweets; were just drunken, fighting, speeding, careless idiots who seem to deliberately wait for these two weeks of the year to get drunk and disorderly and kill people on the roads.

This is where things get a little fuzzy. Cloud Nine have been saying that they will be concentrating on the non biker market by arranging attractions to bring people here while the TT is going on?

This shouldn't result in more bikes on the road?

I think we do have to grow up and take the view that we can't train some of the lunatics to behave themselves. We have to take measures to restrict what they get up to on our roads, it's not just their lives they are playing with, locals have to go about their business and shouldn't have to be scared to venture onto the roads. Other major motorcycle events all over the world operate in speed restricted areas and it doesn't stop riders attending!

Fair enough but I find it hard to believe that Cloud Nine will find thousands of people who are interested in bikes and the TT but who won't want to come and experience the TT without their bikes. It's a hardcore event with a hardcore following and if they grow visitor numbers it will put more bikers on the road and I would argue that increased numbers and the good weather has been a big driver behind the road fatalities this year. I genuinely think this is a dead investment in more ways than one and it's not an event that should be grown as we can't control the outcome of that growth. In fact I think it's totally irresponsible of us to be investing millions to grow spectator numbers when the roads and the police clearly can't cope with the impact of any growth in numbers.

The uk has enemies. Like it or not their enemies view the British isles as one thing. It's not rocket salad.

So you think it's a good idea to financially contribute to to the creating of those enemies in order to make us safer? Great idea.

Enlighten me. I'm at a loose end. I'll play.

Don't ask me Yessir, I have no idea what you meant.

What is not fine is us tacitly attracting thousands of wannabees over with the promise they can ride the course at unlimited speeds. If it's all about the races, and the fans watching them and soaking up the atmosphere, and not really about being able to ride over the mountain at 150 without losing your license, then let's see a properly enforced speed limit for the fortnight, with severe penalties for those exceeding. I suspect visitor numbers, and visitor fatalities, would drop dramatically.

This is sort of where I'm coming from and the reason I've had it with everything now; and can you imagine what it will be like if we grow the event to get another 10,000 bikers over as the new marketing agency has been tasked to deliver? It's not a good investment. It's an investment into further death and misery. Without those sort of restrictions we cannot police and control the number of bikes or the speed, and if those restrictions start having to be applied anyway a lot fewer will start coming. How many road deaths are we up to now? Four? And the event hasn't really started yet. But it's all the locals fault don't forget reading the Police tweets; were just drunken, fighting, speeding, careless idiots who seem to deliberately wait for these two weeks of the year to get drunk and disorderly and kill people on the roads.

This is where things get a little fuzzy. Cloud Nine have been saying that they will be concentrating on the non biker market by arranging attractions to bring people here while the TT is going on?

I think we do have to grow up and take the view that we can't train some of the lunatics to behave themselves. We have to take measures to restrict what they get up to on our roads, it's not just their lives they are playing with, locals have to go about their business and shouldn't have to be scared to venture onto the roads. Other major motorcycle events all over the world operate in speed restricted areas and it doesn't stop riders attending!

Fair enough but I find it hard to believe that Cloud Nine will find thousands of people who are interested in bikes and the TT but who won't want to come and experience the TT without their bikes. It's a hardcore event with a hardcore following and if they grow visitor numbers it will put more bikers on the road and I would argue that increased numbers and the good weather has been a big driver behind the road fatalities this year. I genuinely think this is a dead investment in more ways than one and it's not an event that should be grown as we can't control the outcome of that growth. In fact I think it's totally irresponsible of us to be investing millions to grow spectator numbers when the roads and the police clearly can't cope with the impact of any growth in numbers.

I think it's hard to believe that Cloud Nine will find thousandS more people who are interested in the TT. Skelly is full of shit, it won't happen so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think it's hard to believe that Cloud Nine will find thousandS more people who are interested in the TT. Skelly is full of shit, it won't happen so I wouldn't worry about it.

We're investing the money. Significant amounts. It might all be bullshit; but the basis of the whole investment is fundamentally flawed even if it is a delusional false investment that the taxpayer is being ripped off for.

The uk has enemies. Like it or not their enemies view the British isles as one thing. It's not rocket salad.

So you think it's a good idea to financially contribute to to the creating of those enemies in order to make us safer? Great idea.

I didn't say that. You're making stuff up again.

The uk has a long history of enemies. The only reason those enemies have never come to the iom (apart from the Vikings) is that the uk has managed to win a few wars.

Interesting though that you seem to want to deprive the uk of that revenue stream, but in other threads object to our tax advantages depriving them of a bigger revenue stream.

I didn't say that. You're making stuff up again.

The uk has a long history of enemies. The only reason those enemies have never come to the iom (apart from the Vikings) is that the uk has managed to win a few wars.

Interesting though that you seem to want to deprive the uk of that revenue stream, but in other threads object to our tax advantages depriving them of a bigger revenue stream.

So you don't think we should pay them for defence?

Archived