Query:Flight cancellation compensation?

mad_manx

On 8/16/2017 at 6:12 PM, Lxxx said:

I did the same with BA and they had to pay out in the end. Got some lovely e-mail responses about how they value my custom but unfortunately it's not their fault. They even offered me a £100 voucher which I ignored.

Two refusals from BA.  Referred to CEDR.

They acknowledged quickly.  A week later email confirming full 800 euro payable and agreed by B A.

I think where it is open and shut (and they are clearly at it) they should have to compensate extra.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, notwell said:

They acknowledged quickly.  A week later email confirming full 800 euro payable and agreed by B A.

I think where it is open and shut (and they are clearly at it) they should have to compensate extra.

I agree. They're all at it and why wouldn't they really, most people will not bother taking it further and there is no penalty for stonewalling all applications.

3 hours ago, notwell said:

I flew to the USA , one step up from 'steerage':lol: , the 'inflight entertainment was not available and was "unfixable" , was offered a Downgrade to steerage which I declined .

Contacted BA who thanked me and said i would be gratified to learn that the in flight entertainment was fixed for the return to the U K.

The following year I flew to OZ , business class and emailed BA to let them know that I had been really well looked after by Cathay Pacific who I would be using on any further trips .:D as given their response to my previous correspondence (encl)  they would be delighted  for me .

They did not respond but I intend to keep them posted of any further trips :lol:

Archived