Query:Flight cancellation compensation?

mad_manx

Ok I've been inspired by this thread. I was booked on a flight last year which cancelled due to fog. I was rebooked on a later flight that was also cancelled. The weather had cleared by then. I suspect they had run out of crew hours.

I've just submitted a claim using the money saving expert's online tool here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays

It took me five minutes. Have a go at that and see how it goes. I'll let you know how mine works out.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

j2 the amount is arbitrary because the system could hardly go into the 155 ish passenger's different but actual financial losses. I hardly think it's reasonable to have to insure against a companies apparent inability to run an efficient service.

In my experience, Flybe is by far the worst for this. Easyjet are rare offenders and Ryanair never in 20 years. So why does shit happen much more with one budget than another?

j2 the amount is arbitrary because the system could hardly go into the 155 ish passenger's different but actual financial losses. I hardly think it's reasonable to have to insure against a companies apparent inability to run an efficient service.

In my experience, Flybe is by far the worst for this. Easyjet are rare offenders and Ryanair never in 20 years. So why does shit happen much more with one budget than another?

look at their finances over the past decade,they have been near bust and on their asses.

look at their finances over the past decade,they have been near bust and on their asses.

All of them?

Ryanair made nearly €1 bn last year working to these rules. That's hardly near bust and being on your ass.

• 2 weeks later...

All of them?

Ryanair made nearly €1 bn last year working to these rules. That's hardly near bust and being on your ass.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2016/07/26/overbooking-causes-further-problems-for-under-fire-flybe/

they fuck up once again.

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/2016/07/27/flybe-warns-on-very-uncertain-outlook/

I had booked an easyjet flight to gatwick and had a flight abroad the next day the flight was cancelled due to fog and didn't want to risk the evening flight as if that hadn't gone I would have missed my flight the next day so got sail and rail leaving Me 80 quid out of pocket. submitted a request to be refunded the 80 quid but they said no as the reason for cancellation was extraordinary and under those circumstances wasn't entitled to my 80 quid.suppose they cancelled the flight early enough that we could make alternate arrangements and they gave me my 50 quid back within 7 days

A dickie bird at the airport told me that since Flybe outsourced their flights to Stobart Air the number of flights cancelled due to 'technical difficulties' has gone through the roof. Any aviation buffs out there know anything about Stobart's planes? As I've had three flights cancelled due to it and it looks like others have too.

It's the old Aer Arran, out of bankruptcy protection, refunded and renamed, flys under Aer Lingus ( now owned by BA ) and Flybe colours. Has 17 ATR planes, mix of 42's and 72 - 300, 500 and 700's. Part owned by Stobart and part by Aer Arrans ex chairman.

A dickie bird at the airport told me that since Flybe outsourced their flights to Stobart Air the number of flights cancelled due to 'technical difficulties' has gone through the roof. Any aviation buffs out there know anything about Stobart's planes? As I've had three flights cancelled due to it and it looks like others have too.

I often got the impression that when an airline was short of planes they would ditch the IOM route in favour of any other as the IOM route was generally not all that full and also not very profitable.

I often got the impression that when an airline was short of planes they would ditch the IOM route in favour of any other as the IOM route was generally not all that full and also not very profitable.

And even if they are just short of passengers rather than plane. I've known flights be combined quite often and still room to spare. Of course they won't tell you this is the reason. It will be down to the inevitable "operational factors".

And even if they are just short of passengers rather than plane. I've known flights be combined quite often and still room to spare. Of course they won't tell you this is the reason. It will be down to the inevitable "operational factors".

Wouldn't they still have to pay out compensation as the passengers on the earlier flight will be delayed at the arrival airport?

Archived