Query:Flight cancellation compensation?

mad_manx

know anything about Stobart's planes

I think the two that are usually on our routes EI-REL & REM are around 10 years old but they do have a couple that are much older. I think REI is nearly 25 years old.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

know anything about Stobart's planes

I think the two that are usually on our routes EI-REL & REM are around 10 years old but they do have a couple that are much older. I think REI is nearly 25 years old.

It doesn't give you the impression they think we're premier league does it?

250€ each then

Well if they "cough up" then it will go some way to paying for the alternative flights tonight from the city at a mere £1,200.

Given the level of "customer care" displayed so far it'll be interesting to see if they do offer any compensation/refund.

250€ each then

Well if they "cough up" then it will go some way to paying for the alternative flights tonight from the city at a mere £1,200.

Given the level of "customer care" displayed so far it'll be interesting to see if they do offer any compensation/refund.

They're legally bound to.

I applied for compensation after our Easyjet flight from Gatwick was delayed overnight and rescheduled for the following day, (and even that flight was delayed!) I've recently received an email from them saying we are not entitled to compensation. The reasons for the flight disruption was crew issues (the pilot could not fly any more hours that day). According to Easyjet this is classified as an 'extraordinary' event and therefore no compensation can be paid.

Easyjet are obviously unclear as to what constitutes an extraordinary event. Such things are unavoidable events that the airline could not have foreseen or planned for eg weather, airport/airspace closure, security issues, medical issues, bird strikes etc

Aircraft tech. and crewing issues are not extraordinary. Don't give up as this response is obviously a tactic to divert or reduce the number of claims. Many will give up at the first hurdle though so I suppose you should expect them to chance their arm.

I applied for compensation after our Easyjet flight from Gatwick was delayed overnight and rescheduled for the following day, (and even that flight was delayed!) I've recently received an email from them saying we are not entitled to compensation. The reasons for the flight disruption was crew issues (the pilot could not fly any more hours that day). According to Easyjet this is classified as an 'extraordinary' event and therefore no compensation can be paid.

Keep a copy of the response and then apply to the Civil Aviation Authority. Crew issues are the airlines responsibility but I guess they just hardball most claims and then pay up when they get told they have to a lot further down the line, knowing a lot of people will be fobbed off at the first stage.

• 2 weeks later...

250€ each then

250€ each then

They're legally bound to.

Just an update, my son wrote to them ,quoting previous cases, and received an assurance that he will receive a "gregory" for the majority of the cost.

Thanks for the advice folks, it's nice to get a "result" flowers.gifbiggrin.png

Edit to add :- it was an "easy jet" flight MM

Flybe has contacted me and have said that they are going to pass on the details to Stobart air who were supposed to take me across.

But you don't have any contractual relationship with Stobart. You contract with Flybe and they contract with Stobart.

Archived