Manx Grand Prix

manxie44

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max Power,

In your quest for truth you should contact the ferry company and ask them to tell you the number of motorcycles carried for the MGP period between 2009 and 2012. This would, I would think, give the most accurate indication of growth in the event as it will largely exclude non-event visitors. I am not sure if the information would be made available but I am sure the numbers may be illuminating. I stand to be corrected of course. I recall my fascination at the time with the way MGP supporters rubbished what Government were saying about the need for change in the event but were very ready to accept Government estimates or spin when it suited. Still doing it.

It's not accurate to base the number of visitors for the MGP solely on bikes carried. A lot of MGP visitors come by car or as footsloggers.

Max Power,

In your quest for truth you should contact the ferry company and ask them to tell you the number of motorcycles carried for the MGP period between 2009 and 2012. This would, I would think, give the most accurate indication of growth in the event as it will largely exclude non-event visitors. I am not sure if the information would be made available but I am sure the numbers may be illuminating. I stand to be corrected of course. I recall my fascination at the time with the way MGP supporters rubbished what Government were saying about the need for change in the event but were very ready to accept Government estimates or spin when it suited. Still doing it.

It's not accurate to base the number of visitors for the MGP solely on bikes carried. A lot of MGP visitors come by car or as footsloggers.

And many bikes come in vans to be ridden here, perhaps two or three to a van.

But without a huge government support there is no MGP.

I agree, but even prior to the creation of the CTT, the MGP brought in an economic boost of c.£5m for an investment of around £250k, using the infrastructure set up for the TT in June.

Yes! More authoritative nonsense! You training for politics is going just fine.

Archived