Fibromyalgia

Pollylill

Mr Sausages,

I disagree with everything you have just said. Are you suggesting any group can exclude any person with the said condition because they don't have access to Facebook.

I think you will find most support groups have many different forms of contact and make them available to all, excluding no one.

And hopefully The IOM Fibromyalgia group will see that other forms of contact could be acceptable, eg email etc.

Jesus Christ - what is wrong with people these days?

Exclusion? Unreal. Too much victim mentality thsee days.

Someone set up a Facebook group. No one is excluded. You are free to join. The only time you are specifically excluded I'd if you apply and they decline you.

Try joining the UK based society for the condition and subscribe to their FB page. That's what I have done for my condition and found that they have lots of very useful information for the condition. Apparently efforts have been made to set up local group, but apathy prevailed

Hi Gladys, I have joined the same group as you and found them very supportive and informative. However, I would have like some local support.

ME support group over here appears to be supportive to Fibro sufferers so will I go that route.

Thank you for your advise

It isn't a fibromyalgia group, but a different condition, same argument applies though, I have found the FB group very helpful as it draws from a much wider group of experience, with members as far away as Canada and NZ, as others say, it really is worth putting your FB dislike to one side.

Have to say though it is the factual and experience stuff that is most helpful, not the 'woe is me a sufferer' stuff, which actually quite rare.

Archived