Citizens central database ....

dreamon

i parked my car perfectly legally and got a phone call from the police oe morning asking if I could move it to let some scaffolders move their lorry near to a house (which would save them a bit of carrying). i was ok about this but did wonder how they got my mobile phone number, which is presumably linked to my car number plate. i think generally the halfwäy house is there already.

Lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i parked my car perfectly legally and got a phone call from the police oe morning asking if I could move it to let some scaffolders move their lorry near to a house (which would save them a bit of carrying). i was ok about this but did wonder how they got my mobile phone number, which is presumably linked to my car number plate. i think generally the halfwäy house is there already.

The police obviously already have access to the car registration database. Presumably when you registered your vehicle, you filled in your mobile number and they used that. No need for this newfangled high-tech stuff like phone books.

There is such a thing as the "phone book". It's a really sinister piece of communications hardware compiled in secret by an evil communications conglomerate. If you are lucky enough and one of the global elite you can get a copy of the "phone book" delivered to your door. Once the police check who the car is registered in the name of they generally use this sinister "phone book" hardware in a really dangerous way - calling up the phone number of the person who has the exact same name and address as the person who owns the car.

If the truth ever got out there would be riots.

i have whät is called a "mobile phone". it has never been listed in this thing you call a "phone book",and has always been payg anyway. never included it on any forms as far as i recall, maybe only banks.

i have whät is called a "mobile phone". it has never been listed in this thing you call a "phone book",and has always been payg anyway. never included it on any forms as far as i recall, maybe only banks.

The basic Vehicle Licence Application has a space for phone number, and most people will automatically fill in their mobile because if there is a query on the form, they will be able to deal with it more quickly and during office hours. So you may have filled it in there and forgotten about it.

The basic Vehicle Licence Application has a space for phone number, and most people will automatically fill in their mobile because if there is a query on the form, they will be able to deal with it more quickly and during office hours. So you may have filled it in there and forgotten about it.

that's posßibe roger, but i try to make it my policy not to provide my phone number to anýone, in case it is used for other reasons....... like getting me out of my nice warm cosy bed to move my perfectly legally parked car to facilitate some scaffies!

as i suggested before, the halfwäy house is there, or rather been passed

that's posßibe roger, but i try to make it my policy not to provide my phone number to anýone, in case it is used for other reasons....... like getting me out of my nice warm cosy bed to move my perfectly legally parked car to facilitate some scaffies!

as i suggested before, the halfwäy house is there, or rather been passed

er....................so basically you know you've handed over your phone number and then wonder why the police were able to call you?

I can't help but read your posts in a maximillian schell voice in my head

hah, hah so do i now! the problem is, i use the onscreen keyoard with a mouse and it throws up seemingly random letters. (i have älso succumbed to the dreadful habit of not ußing cäpitäls as it saves me a mouse click) .i have been onto hp about it

oh, and regarding maximillian schell, and to misquote yosser hughes, i am better looking by far

mr notwell i will reply to ýou later

Signed. I am ambivalent about this as I can see the benefits of a centralised database, and I have no problem personally with an identity database, or even identity documents. However, I have absolutely no confidence that personal data will be restricted to the registered user only, as per the medical record example cited on change.org.

Archived