Citizens central database ....

dreamon

A single data base sounds good in theory - but - there has to be barriers to prevent one section of government accessing other sections that they have no real need to.

The DoI do not need to know if you are on benefit, when your last doctors appointment was or what your earnings are.

Even the police should not be able to access this information at whim.

The other problem with centralisation of any sort is,is one thing goes tits up - the whole lot is tits up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DoI do not need to know if you are on benefit, when your last doctors appointment was or what your earnings are.

Right, but the benefits people should have access to medical information for those receiving sickness pay etc. There's more benefit than loss

Storm in a teacup. Like someone said, it's that bloke whipping it up again. Everyone gotta have a hobby though.

That fella is a whopper. There's some sensible ways in which government could pool data to provide better services but obviously the tinfoil hat brigade have got hold of this now which will cause a big distraction for a few months. It's always the same people moaning about this sort of stuff and asking people to fill in online petitions etc. if they had something more productive to do with their lives maybe we could just get on with trying to get the important stuff on the economy done rather than having to deal with the fears of the lunatic fringe who are probably already giving their intimate personal data to Google 24/7 and dont seem to complain about that.

They said the same of Ralph Nader but cars are safer today because of him.

Sometimes it is necessary to have a 'champion' willing to investigate the minutiae of our 'Big Brother' govt initiatives to explain the full consequences of what is proposed.

If our Govt said that the French and Italians have to carry Identity Cards so why should we not be so? Then we would be up in arms about what is ok for Jonny Foreigner is, certainly not, OK for us !

Sometime we need the TLJs to draw our attention to the machinations of our Govts seemingly innocent introductions.

If you look at the two sides of the argument from Roger M and John W ( and Tarne who wants to sign on from his bed!) then, what would it mean to the average Joe? We are doing OK at the moment, do we need any central data base to live our lives? No! Will it make it easier for the Govt to track us, our behaviour and life choices and then to say ' you bought booze at the corner shop, so we are not going to allow you access to the Drug and Alcohol unit'....and until you stop buying booze, you are a banned from driving until you do!!

There is so much that can be done from a central data base , that we, the plebs, need to be advised of the wider consequences and for that w rely on the likes of TLJ to make this more obvious to us plebs.

Who or what is a TJL?

Tristam Llewellyn Jones (Sp?) His kid doesn't attend school and he kicked up a big fuss when Dept of Education moved to monitor those that are home schooled, Don't know why. I know of one girl who was 'home-schooled' very poorly and treated badly by the parents so I think some monitoring of their education is a good thing.

Who or what is a TJL?

Tristam Llewellyn Jones (Sp?) His kid doesn't attend school and he kicked up a big fuss when Dept of Education moved to monitor those that are home schooled, Don't know why. I know of one girl who was 'home-schooled' very poorly and treated badly by the parents so I think some monitoring of their education is a good thing.
Too true. Just imagine 'Living Hope' homeschooling the kids of their 600+ idiot disciples.

Who or what is a TJL?

Too true. Just imagine 'Living Hope' homeschooling the kids of their 600+ idiot disciples.

Lambs to the sacrificew00t.gif

Right, but the benefits people should have access to medical information for those receiving sickness pay etc. There's more benefit than loss

As a former employee of that section I can confirm that they already do have access to all they need to know.

They do not need access to your medical records, only medically qualified people who are dealing with you need to know that.

I'm not at one end of the spectrum, I'm not suggesting all and sundry have access to your confidential information across departments. I'm suggesting that having one reference number that could be used in your contact with any government department to identify you and allow changes in address to be notified once rather than dozens of times and allow registration for and voting, access to services etc.

I think that's a halfway house

i parked my car perfectly legally and got a phone call from the police oe morning asking if I could move it to let some scaffolders move their lorry near to a house (which would save them a bit of carrying). i was ok about this but did wonder how they got my mobile phone number, which is presumably linked to my car number plate. i think generally the halfwäy house is there already.

i parked my car perfectly legally and got a phone call from the police oe morning asking if I could move it to let some scaffolders move their lorry near to a house (which would save them a bit of carrying). i was ok about this but did wonder how they got my mobile phone number, which is presumably linked to my car number plate. i think generally the halfwäy house is there already.

There is such a thing as the "phone book". It's a really sinister piece of communications hardware compiled in secret by an evil communications conglomerate. If you are lucky enough and one of the global elite you can get a copy of the "phone book" delivered to your door. Once the police check who the car is registered in the name of they generally use this sinister "phone book" hardware in a really dangerous way - calling up the phone number of the person who has the exact same name and address as the person who owns the car.

If the truth ever got out there would be riots.

Archived