So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

That is exactly what I'm driving at, GD4. Actually I believe that getting out is more important than worrying about lobbing a few tens of billions at it. Cheap at the price in my opinion when you consider the status quo is lobbing tens of billions at it anyway ever on upwards in perpetuity. At least with a divorce settlement you can see an end to it. But as I said, if they really try to take the proverbial, revert to plan above.

@Pongo - you are certainly right about how it's viewed as a mess of the UK's very own making. For example the last thing the EU wants between N & S Ireland is a border a la President Chump. It's always been pretty porous and thats how it needs to be left. But the UK needs to come up with a viable solution ie one that works and there's no sign of that yet. So no trade talks until that one is fixed as well.

@Woolster - with history watching I don't expect the EU side to be anything other than scrupulously fair.

How I would love the 26 to get together and plug the gap with the largesse of the CAP towards les paysans.

Edited by P.K.

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

No. But I don't see the French ganging up on the French. Do you?

Dear me...

Do the French ever stop ganging up on the French?

I do see what you mean though. Are you suggesting that the EU CAP is run entirely for the benefit of the French?? Dear me.......

I honestly can't tell which side either of you is on. All I see is the pound being worth less and less, no progress made in EU talks (but of course they are bollocks) and Europe being a bitch and making everything overly difficult to hurt us, with no regard for what we bring to the table (which isn't a lot as many London finance firms leave). 

45 minutes ago, Tarne said:

I honestly can't tell which side either of you is on. 

I'll tell you which side I'm on. I've despised the EU all of my life. I think Europe as a whole would be better off without it and I don't understand why people seem to think it is of value. We were taken into it on a total lie (it was supposed to be a common trading area and nothing more) and if we can escape its clutches I will be happy, although I do realise that anything could still happen.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I don't call it The Greater French Empire for nothing!

Les Paysans pretty much get half as much again than the rest. The Dutch must be so pleased as they contribute more per head than anyone else.

Says a lot for the EU if you're an advocate, PK. What a wonderful institution! All lining up to screw each other.

5 hours ago, woolley said:

Says a lot for the EU if you're an advocate, PK. What a wonderful institution! All lining up to screw each other.

As I have posted time and time again:

The EU needs to reform

In these days of globalisation it's better to be in a trading bloc than just standalone

I can understand the ECJ because as the membership grows with ever more disparate entities an ECJ is a must have.

An EU military role is laughable. How long do you think it would take for an EU QRF to deploy?

According to The Sunday Times:

"Theresa May is set to approve a politically explosive Brexit bill of up to £50bn after the Conservative Party conference in October in an effort to kickstart trade talks with the European Union.

Under plans being drawn up in Whitehall, Britain would pay between £7bn and £17bn a year to Brussels for three years after Brexit before ending sizeable direct payments into EU coffers in time for the 2022 general election."

Of course David "Fall Guy" Davis immediately rubbished it because if true it would make him look a complete and utter twat at the next round of the pissing contest Brexit EU negotiations.

Mind you, The Times also reported that Sevastopol had fallen when it was still resisting the siege.

In other news Barnier has pledged to "educate" the UK Brexit voters on the consequences of their actions: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41140564

Fucking good luck with that one. I mean, haven't you figured out why they voted Brexit in the first place....?

• Like 2