Bolt loses Olympic gold

Mr. Sausages

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I on my own in thinking that the awarding of 'gongs' to folk who just ride bikes, play tennis or 'jump into sandpits' is comical.

Many of these folk are funded in their sporting endeavours by the taxpayers and go on to make a considerable amount of cash .... and good luck to them .

I appreciate many 'sports folk' are dedicated and work hard to attain their sporting goals and 'winning is so important to some(?) that they will do anything to 'give them the edge' including "cheating".

The offering of Knighthoods to successful competitors could be argued to encourage the 'cheats' even more.

Can't argue with that "trmanx", in my view they are "Dodo Awards" , pity really because it would be nice if folk who did thing for the community or for charitable causes without any financial reward were "recognised".

Am I on my own in thinking that the awarding of 'gongs' to folk who just ride bikes, play tennis or 'jump into sandpits' is comical.

Or people who made a fortune in industry, or showbusiness. Or worse still sat on their arses in the civil service for 40 years being nicely paid be the taxpayer. Or played out politicians with delusions of grandeur and a lot of cronies. Either give them to ordinary people who have really done something to be proud of in their community or if not that, abolish them altogether.

Or people who made a fortune in industry, or showbusiness. Or worse still sat on their arses in the civil service for 40 years being nicely paid be the taxpayer. Or played out politicians with delusions of grandeur and a lot of cronies. Either give them to ordinary people who have really done something to be proud of in their community or if not that, abolish them altogether.

Exactly , well that makes at least 2 of "us" and one less of "them".

A good friend of mine was employed "by Royal appointment" and was advised that when he left/retired he would get a CBE ( if memory serves but could have been an OBE) ......... to his credit he declined , it was a question of "look at the W****rs I'd be associated with"laugh.png

Many of these folk are funded in their sporting endeavours by the taxpayers and go on to make a considerable amount of cash .... and good luck to them .

I appreciate many 'sports folk' are dedicated and work hard to attain their sporting goals and 'winning is so important to some(?) that they will do anything to 'give them the edge' including "cheating".

The offering of Knighthoods to successful competitors could be argued to encourage the 'cheats' even more.

No, you are not alone. "Sportsmen/women" getting gongs is bollocks.

Bravery, selflessness and kindness should be applauded,( and maybe rewarded ) but not riding a 4king bike or running around in circles.

A good friend of mine was employed "by Royal appointment" and was advised that when he left/retired he would get a CBE ( if memory serves but could have been an OBE) ......... to his credit he declined , it was a question of "look at the W****rs I'd be associated with"laugh.png

sounds like a cock to be fair dilli

sounds like a cock to be fair dilli

That says so much about you 'notwell' , anyone who doesn't share your views on anything is open to abuse .

Have you ever wondered why perhaps the vast majority of posters on the site consider you to be a bit of an irrelevance ?

Hope this helpsflowers.gif

Archived