Interesting at the airport !

asitis

How often have you flown and put your own life at risk?

Great so now you know more than a qualified pilot.

Is there any subject at all that you don't profess to being an expert in despite clearly knowing absolutely fuck all?

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop being a cunt.

The point of the question is there are allegations that pilots specifically flew a plane putting their own lives at risk.

I'm simply asking if madmanxpilot has done the same and if not why he believes another pilot does.

I find it very difficult to believe that any pilot specifically wants to risk his or her own life to fly to Belfast (or anywhere).

You've heard the opinion of several qualified pilots here and yet still you claim to know best and challenge what you have been told. It must be so difficult being an expert on every topic in the world and yet still coming across as a clueless mouthy prick to people on an Internet forum.

Stop being a cunt.

The point of the question is there are allegations that pilots specifically flew a plane putting their own lives at risk.

I'm simply asking if madmanxpilot has done the same and if not why he believes another pilot does.

I find it very difficult to believe that any pilot specifically wants to risk his or her own life to fly to Belfast (or anywhere).

The simple answer to your question is no.

We have rules and operating procedures that are developed to mitigate risk as far as possible. You can't illuminate all risk (Sully) but you can, and we do, reduce it by operating professionaly.That is why flying is incredibly safe. If you break those rules you increase the risk - it doesn't mean you are definitely going to have an accident, it means it is more likely.

Look back to the Cork accident. Every approach they flew was illegal because the visibility was not good enough for the flight to descend below 1000 feet above the ground (google 'approach ban'). On each approach they went lower, eventually crashing and killing many people who placed their trust in the pilots. They had a right to expect that the pilots would follow the rules. They didn't, their luck ran out and people died.

Take another example - and this has happened at BHD previously with Van Air. An aircraft can take off overweight quite easily if both of it's engines continue to develop power. The chance of an engine failure happening after take off is rare but it can, and does, happen. In fact Vanair had one on take off from the IOM relatively recently. As I said, take off overweight with both engines working and you'll survive, if one fails, it is very unlikely that you'll have the performance to climb away.

In incidents such as this you are relying on luck to survive - chances are you'll be OK - but taking chances and relying on luck have no place in our business.

Unsuspecting passengers have a right to expect that everything is being done to make their flight as safe as possible.

Pilots and indeed operators who take risks and rely on luck have no place in our business.

So you are saying that VanAir pilots specifically put their own lives at risk?

I think you need to read what I've said again.. They operated outside the rules that are designed to minimise risk. I can't be much clearer than that.

I like you flowers.gif

I think you need to read what I've said again.. They operated outside the rules that are designed to minimise risk. I can't be much clearer than that.

I get 100% what you are saying.

I just find it hard to reconcile that, as you seem to intimate, they are risking their own lives (which they would be if they operated outside X limits).

I get 100% what you are saying.

I just find it hard to reconcile that, as you seem to intimate, they are risking their own lives (which they would be if they operated outside X limits).

I'd quit while you're behind. This could start getting embarrassing.

Archived