Interesting at the airport !

asitis

Citywing Belfast has just landed ............

Told to shut down in position by the IOM CAA !

Fire service at aircraft passengers being bussed to terminal runway closed.

Never heard that .. " from IOM CAA shut down in position !"

Interesting !!

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notification published;

C0848/17 - AERODROME CLOSED DUE BLOCKED RUNWAY. 23 FEB 10:00 2017 UNTIL 23 FEB 12:00 2017

ESTIMATED. CREATED: 23 FEB 10:05 2017

Flightradar24 shows Fire1 and another ground vehicle still on scene close to the intersection between the two runways.

Don't know why the Manx CAA would get involved prior to taxy off the runway, its at the intersection surrounded by firetrucks !

Reckon someone may be in the brown stuff !

That does seem very odd. If the tower had observed a tail strike or some other untoward incident during landing, I could quite understand the tower notifying the crew, and even perhaps advising them to shut down on the runway. But the CAA? That is why the maximum wind speed limit for taxiing the Let 410 occurred to me, as that might be a regulatory thing. But having de-planed the passengers, surely they would have towed the thing off the runway tout-suite?

Didn't they have one tip over onto the wingtip a few years back while operating in "rather windy conditions"?

Yes. I watched it happen. Extremely lucky it didn't flip upside down and the props didn't shatter through the cabin.

Also we haven't got a CAA. We are under the UKs CAA.

Didn't they have one tip over onto the wingtip a few years back while operating in "rather windy conditions"?

Yes. I watched it happen. Extremely lucky it didn't flip upside down and the props didn't shatter through the cabin.

Also we haven't got a CAA. We are under the UKs CAA.

We do have a CAA.

https://www.gov.im/categories/business-and-industries/civil-aviation-administration-caa/

As a result of the incident bonatti mentioned an operational limit on maximum wind speed for taxiing the Let410 was introduced.

Archived