Interesting at the airport !

asitis

I can't tell from the photo what the registration of the plane in question is, but would be mildly interested to know if it OK-LAZ, that was involved in this occurrence in October last year. 'Chips in oil' doesn't mean greasy fast food, it is an alert meaning that metal fragments are circulating in the engine oil.

From AVIATION HERALD: "A Van Air Europe Let L-410 on behalf of Citywing, registration OK-LAZ performing flight V9-116 from Isle of Man to Blackpool,EN (UK), was in the initial climb out of Isle of Man when the crew received indications of "CHIPS IN OIL" for the left hand engine (M601E), the left hand engine lost power. The crew stopped the climb at 5000 feet, shut the engine down and returned to Isle of Man for a safe landing.

Czechia's UZPLN reported that following an engine disassembly the engine was sent to the manufacturer for further analysis."

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's probably a darkie on board. A wise precaution under the circumstances

You are a complete twunt
Be quiet neil. You are only on here because they chased you off iom today

How does that alter the fact you are a twunt?

I can't tell from the photo what the registration of the plane in question is, but would be mildly interested to know if it OK-LAZ, that was involved in this occurrence in October last year. 'Chips in oil' doesn't mean greasy fast food, it is an alert meaning that metal fragments are circulating in the engine oil.

From AVIATION HERALD: "A Van Air Europe Let L-410 on behalf of Citywing, registration OK-LAZ performing flight V9-116 from Isle of Man to Blackpool,EN (UK), was in the initial climb out of Isle of Man when the crew received indications of "CHIPS IN OIL" for the left hand engine (M601E), the left hand engine lost power. The crew stopped the climb at 5000 feet, shut the engine down and returned to Isle of Man for a safe landing.

Czechia's UZPLN reported that following an engine disassembly the engine was sent to the manufacturer for further analysis."

I've done a playback on FlightRadar24 and it was OK-LAZ involved in this 'incident'

(Whatver the incident actually is)

Be interesting to see what Mrs Reynolds says when she releases her statement

There's probably a darkie on board. A wise precaution under the circumstances

You are a complete twunt
Be quiet neil. You are only on here because they chased you off iom today

that being said, I'm not exactly in a minority group there. A whole raft of people have disappeared from it. IOM Newspapers online is like the Bermuda Triangle

We've now got Jon Richardson stuck in departures tweeting pictures of stuff available in the giftshop.

Presumably DED will now claim Storm Doris as a great commercial success and spend a fortune booking assorted comedians to come over during storm season.

Not sure. I've seen some of the shite in the gift shop ..

"Ronaldsway airport will stay closed until 1pm. Airport director Ann Reynolds explained that a Van Air CityWing flight to Belfast had to divert back to the island.

It landed safely but the aircraft, which remains on the runway, is unable to taxi or be towed back to the stand. Both runways remain closed at a result. Airport fire engines are shielding the aircraft from the wind."

We've now got Jon Richardson stuck in departures tweeting pictures of stuff available in the giftshop.

Presumably DED will now claim Storm Doris as a great commercial success and spend a fortune booking assorted comedians to come over during storm season.

is he using a selfie stick to show whats on the upper shelves?

Didn't they have one tip over onto the wingtip a few years back while operating in "rather windy conditions"?

Yes. I watched it happen. Extremely lucky it didn't flip upside down and the props didn't shatter through the cabin.

Also we haven't got a CAA. We are under the UKs CAA.

Incorrect we have our own CAA and our own Air Navigation Order and authority over Manx Airspace !

Is that new or something to do with the M register ? ? We always got audited by the U.K. CAA and it was them who dealt with any incidents here.

Didn't they have one tip over onto the wingtip a few years back while operating in "rather windy conditions"?

Yes. I watched it happen. Extremely lucky it didn't flip upside down and the props didn't shatter through the cabin.

Also we haven't got a CAA. We are under the UKs CAA.

Incorrect we have our own CAA and our own Air Navigation Order and authority over Manx Airspace !

Is that new or something to do with the M register ? ? We always got audited by the U.K. CAA and it was them who dealt with any incidents here.

I guess you mean licensing type auditing, it may be you are licensed by EASA and overseen by the UK CAA . The M register is overseen by the Manx CAA as is isle of man airspace and indeed the airport. The Manx ANO is largely the same as the UK one. Exactly where the lines are drawn I have no idea it will be shrouded in legalese no doubt.

Archived