Interesting at the airport !

asitis

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelwatch seem to be very quiet about this travel agent and its operating airlines ?

The one time they should be vocal.

I agree. Not to mention the local media. It is a huge deal for the CAA to tell an operator to cease operations until you meet with us, and (presumably) satisfy us on a number of issues. I don't remember it happening before.

It will be interesting to see what the Czech regulator does.

In the meantime, it is hardly a great selling point to have to tell your passengers that their flight is cancelled because the operator is being hauled up before the CAA who have told them not to fly in the meantime.

The problem, as it has been before, is that Citywing/Manx2 will disown any responsibility, and if necessary, find a new operator for their routes. As they are very thin routes, then there would be a compelling commercial imperative to put another cut-price outfit in place.

I've flown with them plenty of times and my daughter flies with them regularly.

I've found them generally very accommodating from a service perspective. Their flights usually go (rather than developing questionable technical faults when coincidentially they are not that full) and they are on time and reliable. Their prices tend to be ok too, especially if booked within a reasonably advanced time frame.

The routes are OK too. Blackpool is a much under rated access to the north west IMHO.

Don't like this business model at all. Didn't like the attitude in aftermath of the Manx2 Cork crash or anything about the way the model works. I think at the very least the flights should be advertised as flights by whoever is actually operating them, in this case Van Air. I think it's wrong that there is a grey area over who you are flying with. Even yesterday people were saying things like "The Citywing pilot...........". He isn't though, is he?

Same applies where it is a real airline hiring in another carrier as with some Flybe routes. Far more transparency required so that passengers can make informed decisions.

Don't like this business model at all. Didn't like the attitude in aftermath of the Manx2 Cork crash or anything about the way the model works. I think at the very least the flights should be advertised as flights by whoever is actually operating them, in this case Van Air. I think it's wrong that there is a grey area over who you are flying with. Even yesterday people were saying things like "The Citywing pilot...........". He isn't though, is he?

Same applies where it is a real airline hiring in another carrier as with some Flybe routes. Far more transparency required so that passengers can make informed decisions.

It says on the website: "Flights Operated by VanAir Europe" when has always been there

It says on the website: "Flights Operated by VanAir Europe" when has always been there

Should be on every advert, radio, newspaper or whatever.

The 'Citywing' guy on the radio did sound a bit slopey shouldered this morning. Would seem they are happy to advertise 'Citywing providing the gateway to location X Y Z' etc and Citywing offer great prices and 99% reliability etc...until something goes wrong at which stage it suddenly becomes 'Sorry Citywing are not involved in operational matters'.....

Only for the overly sensitive and annoying.

It is clearly stated that it is operated by Van Air. As is Flybe and their Stobart Air and I think Eastern Airways operate the BA flight.

Like it makes a jot of difference. I doubt very much you'll be refusing to fly Flybe just because Stobbart operate it.

The 'Citywing' guy on the radio did sound a bit slopey shouldered this morning. Would seem they are happy to advertise 'Citywing providing the gateway to location X Y Z' etc and Citywing offer great prices and 99% reliability etc...until something goes wrong at which stage it suddenly becomes 'Sorry Citywing are not involved in operational matters'.....

City Wing sell a product or service provided by someone else.

Happens in numerous walks of life.

Only for the overly sensitive and annoying.

It is clearly stated that it is operated by Van Air. As is Flybe and their Stobart Air and I think Eastern Airways operate the BA flight.

Like it makes a jot of difference. I doubt very much you'll be refusing to fly Flybe just because Stobbart operate it.

Archived