Barbary Coast Service.

dilligaf

Just back home from Barbary Coast following another great meal (with wife and daughter).

Being Mothers' Day the place was very busy, yet the service was absolutely first class. Nothing was too much trouble, very attentive to customers and the food, as always, was great.

At the end of the meal my wife and other mothers were given a lovely fresh orchid in a box as a gift from the establishment.

What a nice touch and an added extra to an already very enjoyable time.

Thanks.

post-18002-0-73226500-1490558102_thumb.jpg

Hopefully you were getting what you paid for. And pay for it, you do.

Bloody Hell Albert.ohmy.png Cynic or what !

We left Barbary Coast absolutely satisfied, appetite wise and financially.

We paid for a meal each, but received service and food that you would expect in a top class restaurant at double or triple the cost.

Why do people have to chip in with trite remarks like yours in a thread praising excellent service.

The staff didn't have to be so polite and professional. They didn't have to serve up such top quality food and they didn't have to charge so little for it or give each mother a wonderful orchid as a thank you.

They did though and I for one very much appreciate it.

So...what did you pay each?

£62.00 total, ex tip.

That was for one large shared garlic bread, three mains with six sides, a shared dessert, six drinks and the feeling that our custom was valued.

Apart from that, we sat in beautiful surroundings with a view of the harbour..............and we will be back very, very soon. smile.png

£62.00 total, ex tip.

That was for one large shared garlic bread, three mains with six sides, a shared dessert, six drinks and the feeling that our custom was valued.

Apart from that, we sat in beautiful surroundings with a view of the harbour..............and we will be back very, very soon. :)

That's not bad then.

But was it all cokes, water, spag boll and 2 forks?

£62.00 total, ex tip.

Apart from that, we sat in beautiful surroundings with a view of the harbour..............and we will be back very, very soon. smile.png

That's not bad then.

But was it all cokes, water, spag boll and 2 forks?

No. 2 cokes, 2 beers and 2 vodkas and coke. 3 full mains 6 sides a big starter and a dessert.You should try it instead of trying to knock it. Not sure you'll get Bushy's though. thumbsup.gif

Just remembered, we also had 2 coffees, one with Tia Maria, so even better value.

£62.00 total, ex tip.

Apart from that, we sat in beautiful surroundings with a view of the harbour..............and we will be back very, very soon. :)

That's not bad then.But was it all cokes, water, spag boll and 2 forks?

No. 2 cokes, 2 beers and 2 vodkas and coke. 3 full mains 6 sides a big starter and a dessert.You should try it instead of trying to knock it. Not sure you'll get Bushy's though. :thumbsup:

Sounds OK. I'll give it a go next weekend. I will.

Hate getting my pants pulled down in some of these places.

I have been a few times to the Barbary Coast and whilst I enjoyed the food (fillet steak and the pepper sauce were extremely good) I'm bored of it now. The menu is limited and never changes, they need a few weekly specials to keep bringing people back who like a little variety of choice.

Archived