Jacksons

Bray Hill

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, notwell said:

I can't see how a total of 28 roles have gone across those operations. How many people do they employ? 

Have those people left of their own accord or been made redundant?

Mostly left of their own accord. I did a head count, the number of old staff added to the new who have left that I know of makes the figure accurate.

Those business employed around 65 people between them pre take over.

4 minutes ago, notwell said:

So are they operating with a third of the staff gone then? Where did they go to?

Either out of the trade or other garages, a few retired. They have recruited quite a few new staff, some new to the motor trade, some from the UK and some from other garages. The net effect is about the same. 

• 3 months later...

This could well be a manx myth but I've heard the following story...

The head marketing guy came over to see why targets were not being met, during the meeting he is reported to have said "With a customer base of 250k you should be selling more cars than you have." and then someone told him we only have £80k people and he looked most surprised. As told by me dad who got told by the man in the VT or Pigeon so it must be true :) 

2 hours ago, thebees said:

The head marketing guy came over to see why targets were not being met, during the meeting he is reported to have said "With a customer base of 250k you should be selling more cars than you have." and then someone told him we only have £80k people and he looked most surprised. As told by me dad who got told by the man in the VT or Pigeon so it must be true :) 

I said from the very outset that they'd been sold a pup.

21 hours ago, thebees said:

That story has been doing the rounds yes. 

19 hours ago, finlo said:

I said from the very outset that they'd been sold a pup.

They did it all themselves, they are/were confident that the island's market has/had huge potential and were not prepared to listen to anyone other than their own people, oh and Hartford Homes/Robinson's.

8 hours ago, x-in-man said:

Any truth in the rumour the tax payer is to underwrite any rents for the site? I assume HH is building there for Jacksons and others to rent out from HH.

The site is supposedly solely for occupation by Jackson's. Rent on a £14m site will soon eat up the Business Development Fund if that were the case, should they not be able to meet the costs from profit/turnover.

• 1 year later...

Archived